Air Jets

i am looking for info on air jets i noticed my 34mm mikuni flatslides dont have any niether does my 28mm bored 30mm on my blaster , do i need them what throttle area to they work with ???

Air jets or pilot jets??

I don't think a jet goes in there....I may be wrong, but why is this a concern? ARe these carbs new or used? What makes you think an air jet goes there? Some carbs have an opening for the air to mix w/ the pilots for fine tuning the throtte response using the air screws..

having trouble with the blaster ,carb is 28mmbored to 30mm, bought it used from k&t performance here in utah he said it came off a blaster he built. it had 25 pilot, needle on 2nd clip, 200 main and was running like crap when i put it on. tore it apart cleaned it and noticed there was no jet in the hole. looked at my new 34's and no jets in them either. well anyway after endless messing around with it i took the pilot down to a 20 after trying a 22.5, worked my way down to a 160 main finally was running crisp and no bog at all. then it blew up this morning, damnitttttt!!!!! siezed the rings , i guess i now know its to lean! just wondering if there was supposed to be a jet in there, the stock carbs on both the bansh. and the blaster have them. sorry so long but thats the story thanks.

I wouldn't worry about it. A lot of carbs don't have air jets, just pilots, mains......Sorry about the blowing up, that sucks.....what do the pistons look like, doesnt' mean the leanness did it....

Thats not a lean problem....Sounds like your oil/gas mixture was too lean or you "cold siezed it" . What are you running for oil? Ratio? Forged pistons or cast? Was the motor warm before you revved it? Did the lower end fail also?

yes the engine was warm, running maxima 927 at 40:1 like i always have, seem to be running fine alot better no bog. i had worked my way to a 20 pilot, stayed on the 2nd needle clip, 170 main was still bogging and blowing alittle smoke, put the 160 in ran it seemed alot better, shut it off let is sit for a minute, started it up again was playing with the throttle reving it up and such took it to wot held it for maybe 10 sec. let off the throttle and it just died real quick then would not start had no compression.plug was pretty light, maybe i had an airleak or something

You held it wide open for 10 seconds just free revving??? That would do it...also the fact that it will overheat if your not moving and that'll sieze the rings to the pistons from the heat....I strongely doubt its the jetting since the 170's were too big. The 160's should have been really close to perfect, I think you overheated it or revved it out w/o a load...