Premix Oil

KRMit

I use Valvoline twc3 at 2.50$ a quart and have loved it for the past year Ive been using it. I have had my cylinders off twice to inpsect and its all clean lil daddy

Funny the Amsoil 100:1 is cheaper than your cheap oil and they guarantee your engine WON'T melt down due to the oil. Ain't gonna get that at Walmart.

I use Valvoline twc3 at 2.50$ a quart and have loved it for the past year Ive been using it. I have had my cylinders off twice to inpsect and its all clean lil daddy

Funny the Amsoil 100:1 is cheaper than your cheap oil and they guarantee your engine would melt down due to the oil. Ain't gonna get that at Walmart.

100:1 is like 7$ a quart around here. what price are you getting it for?

Funny the Amsoil 100:1 is cheaper than your cheap oil and they guarantee your engine would melt down due to the oil. Ain't gonna get that at Walmart.

100:1 is like 7$ a quart around here. what price are you getting it for?

Well, mixing 100:1 will give you 3x as much fuel as 32:1 would. I think that's the reasoning behind saying it's cheaper, which makes sense.

Even if it's $7 dollars a quart, that's like paying $2.24 a quart if you are running 32:1 of something else. That's what Holyman is saying. It's how many gallons a certain amount of oil will lubricate that determines how much the oil really cost.

That was a good point Holyman.

First of all thanks to spoin for the heads up on the typo ;)

Second of all you have to think about the mix ratio when you think about the cost of the oil.

Amsoil 100:1 costs me $2.30 per bottle which will mix 5 gallons at 80:1 or 6 gallons at 100:1.

I ran Castor 927 for about 5 months and it gave me nothing but problems. It smelled great but it totally made me trun away from expensive oils.

That's what I've been running since I got the bike. What kinda problems did you have?

Well, I'm a Yamalube guy after today. I got the 2-R stuff instead of my usual Castor 927. The Castor costs $6.50 a bottle where the Yamalube costs $4. I got two bottles for under $10 and am happy. :clap: The guy at the shop said he ran both in his dirbike and said the Castor gummed up his powervalves just a little, but smelled better. I don't think the sweeter smell is worth an extra $2.50 a bottle. Can't wait till tomorrow when I can give it a shot.

I ran Castor 927 for about 5 months and it gave me nothing but problems. It smelled great but it totally made me trun away from expensive oils.

That's what I've been running since I got the bike. What kinda problems did you have?

fouled plugs no matter what jetting changes I made, oil would seperate at normal tempereatures and just sit in my boots before the carb(dont aske me how it got there). oil coming out of every clamp and silencers. Just something that I did not expect from one of the most expensive oils out there.

For the price I expected something that would be cleaner burning and would not make such a mess.

fouled plugs no matter what jetting changes I made, oil would seperate at normal tempereatures and just sit in my boots before the carb(dont aske me how it got there). oil coming out of every clamp and silencers. Just something that I did not expect from one of the most expensive oils out there.

For the price I expected something that would be cleaner burning and would not make such a mess.

Now that you mention it I've always wondered about the oil in intake too. I guess I always wrote it off as being filter oil.

I dont oil my filter because it becomes clogged in the Florida dust so I always wondered what it was. Its the 927 seems to seperate somehow and just sits there, it does the same exact thing inside your jugs and this is why sometimes your bike runs good and sometimes it doesnt with 927.

I dont oil my filter because it becomes clogged in the Florida dust so I always wondered what it was. Its the 927 seems to seperate somehow and just sits there, it does the same exact thing inside your jugs and this is why sometimes your bike runs good and sometimes it doesnt with 927.

That just makes me even happier about my switch to Yamalube. :)