Jetting?

i have had the worse case of the starts.... i find myself kickin the damn thing over about 30 times. when it does start it will back fire out of the left pipe alot and then warms up like shit. once its all warmed up it runs mint. i am running at sea levle and jetted to 360 mains for the winter and am not running a air lid. it has compression in case you were thinking that. i have the needle set in the middle and size 30 piliots.

o and i also did a plug check, i ran it WOT and klled it and looked at the plugs and they were a dark brown all the way accross the top of the plug

anybody have a idea what could be wrong?

thanks in advance for the help

-kevin

Carb bowls swapped?? make sure the carb bowl w/ the brass tube and litte jet in the bowl is on the left carb....also check the equalizer tube between the two carbs, you might want to pull the carbs and clean them thorougly w/ an air compressor..

if the carb bowls were swapped it wouldnt run would it? lol yea i learned my lesson there, now i only do one carb at a time....i think i might try a larger main jet, so ill do that tomorw and clean them up real nice. accually the first time it wouldnt run right on the right cylender i just took my reeds out and ripped the gasket and put a new one in it and it ran good? any other suggestion?