Riffeling Carbs

Ducman

the red curve is falling off alot earlyer then the green carb why is that  :(

i duno but when i email the holly wood dirt guy here is what i emailed him and what he emailed me back

i have a couple quastions about your porting mabey you can explain to me why you do a couple things

first why are you polishing intakes ? i was told that you want them ruff you dont want it smotth becasue then the gass will fall out of atomizaton , and then it will bead up on the polished part thought gas burnes better as a fine mist

why are you riffling the exughst port some of the riffles apear to be bigger then the pipe if so you are slowing down flow you talk about how the riffled exast helps pull the charge out of the exaust port ....well i realy dont know if that works , but i think your forgetting 1/2 of a 2 strokes power is produced by back waves ...we need the gas to come back and refill the cylender

just a couple quastions not dissing you just wanting some explination on why you are doing a couple things the way you do them

his reply

I would love to explain all my findings over the years, but I've told these theories so many times in the last 10 years, I'm burned out on explainations, all I can say is what we have tested and developed works, we have proven it on our race blasters, sorry I just can't sit here and type it all out any more

i dont really blame marc. he has explained it on his boards NUMEROUS times on why he feels the reasoning he does it. i decided to gow ith his work because it looked very promising and was what i wanted. the main support for me going with it was his customer support and his previous customers. all of them have said they felt a stronger motor with the carb rifling and any of his work period. the reason the rifle carb falls off later on is because its nothing but overrev. overev equates to nothing but damage to the engine and no power.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for bringing up an old post, but I thought I'd tell you a little more about this guy

This guy has never showed a single scrap of proof that it works and refuses to test it on a flow bench. He told people to buy the thing and go test it themselves. :lol: Even the dyno shows that it doesn't really do anything. The way he bores the carb is to bore the engine side out to 30mm and leave the rest of it alone. Common sense would tell you that when the air/fuel flows from a confined space to an open space its going to slow down. As you can also see from that dyno his 'top' port job (PD3) only puts out 23 HP with a 34mm carb. This is maybe 8-10 more horsepower then stock, with a pipe, carb, full port job. That sounds pretty sad to me. He might be able to pull this scam off on some of the blaster owners, but I doubt he'll be able to pull this con on banshee riders. B)

The man himself is also one of the most immature business owners I have seen and not only promotes/allows bashing of other builders on his forum (but starts throwing a hissy fit when someone disagrees with him), but also creates fake names to bash them himself on other forums.

A&S does carb boring for $35 per carb, that's $35 less and it will probably make more horsepower anyways ;)

Hollywooddirt is the new AllProCycles :lol:

Edited by shee-gurg2k1

Sorry for bringing up an old post, but I thought I'd tell you a little more about this guy

This guy has never showed a single scrap of proof that it works and refuses to test it on a flow bench. He told people to buy the thing and go test it themselves.  :lol:  Even the dyno shows that it doesn't really do anything. The way he bores the carb is to bore the engine side out to 30mm and leave the rest of it alone. Common sense would tell you that when the air/fuel flows from a confined space to an open space its going to slow down. As you can also see from that dyno his 'top' port job (PD3) only puts out 23 HP with a 34mm carb. This is maybe 8-10 more horsepower then stock, with a pipe, carb, full port job. That sounds pretty sad to me. He might be able to pull this scam off on some of the blaster owners, but I doubt he'll be able to pull this con on banshee riders. B)

The man himself is also one of the most immature business owners I have seen and not only promotes/allows bashing of other builders on his forum (but starts throwing a hissy fit when someone disagrees with him), but also creates fake names to bash them himself on other forums.

A&S does carb boring for $35 per carb, that's $35 less and it will probably make more horsepower anyways  ;)

Hollywooddirt is the new AllProCycles  :lol:

everyone has read your post on blasterhq, and they all know you have been the one bashing hollywood for the last 6-8 months, I wouldn't be surprised if you get served with legal papers for slandering the mans business, I have his complete engine work and I have not lost an mx race yet with it this year, sounds like you may be the immature one, I will be forwarding this message to hollywood as you seem to take pride in bashing the mans business on a regular basis even though you have never purchased or used their products, maybe you should quit with your worthless comments already, as I come from a family with members in the legal business, all the man has to do is keep a log of the slanderous remarks made over the past few months and show a loss in revenue due to the slanderous remarks and you could have a lawsuit brewing, you must be perfect and know more than anyone, don't you?

I and others that are tired of watching you continually bash on this guy will be recording every post you make in a derogatory and demeaning way and forwarding them to hollywood, so you may want to let it go already, as far as I have seen, no one really likes you or your comments anyway.

Edited by biffdenman

good luck prooving gurg caused a loss of revenue and good luck prooving that he is lying in order to do so. Maybe the builder should start prooving that his products ?

Smooth intakes? lol :shootself:

in this case the point is not wether or not it makes a Huge difference, but why do it if it does nothign but hinder the performance?

I think you are just angry because you have his work in your engine and someone was not too thrilled about some of the concepts.

Edited by Justintoxicated

This guy has never showed a single scrap of proof that it works and refuses to test it on a flow bench. He told people to buy the thing and go test it themselves.  :lol:  Even the dyno shows that it doesn't really do anything. The way he bores the carb is to bore the engine side out to 30mm and leave the rest of it alone. Common sense would tell you that when the air/fuel flows from a confined space to an open space its going to slow down. As you can also see from that dyno his 'top' port job (PD3) only puts out 23 HP with a 34mm carb. This is maybe 8-10 more horsepower then stock, with a pipe, carb, full port job. That sounds pretty sad to me. He might be able to pull this scam off on some of the blaster owners, but I doubt he'll be able to pull this con on banshee riders. B)

A&S does carb boring for $35 per carb, that's $35 less and it will probably make more horsepower anyways  ;)

Hollywooddirt is the new AllProCycles  :lol:

gurg what is your damn problem. im to the point where im about ready to find you and beat your ass. you have never tried any of his products. >EVERY< person that i know of that has hard hollywood's work has been blown away by it. it just works. EVERY person that has had their crabs rifled has FELT a difference in low to mid gains. marc at hollywood was so sick and tired of hearing this crap from you that he even lowered his price to $50 a carb just so people could buy it and prove to you that it does work. all you are doing is being ignorant. even though you think you have superior knowledge over the topic it becomes irrelevant when the CONSUMERS THEIRSELVES back marc up for his work. you guys asked for charts and graphs constantly so one of marcs loyal customers was even more determined than he was and put his bike on a dyno to show what the carb could do. even after he does that you still decide to be ignorant and keep bashing him. :rolleyes: since you like distracting people from marc so much i will post a FULL review from myself and my friend(never even heard of marc before i told him) and we will post our opinions on how the carbs helped his banshee. your ignorance is untolerable. :angry:

Easy with the threats there, buddy, I may have to file a lawsuit against you now :lol:

The FACT is that your seat of the pants dyno proves nothing. Lots of people stick boost bottles, reed spacers, octane booster and those $20 spark plugs on their quads and then feel like they've doubled their horsepower, what does that prove? That people will 'feel' a gain ever if there isn't one just so they can justify spending all their money on it. Read back through this post and you will see exactly why this mod DOESN'T work.

The reason why he lowered the price of his rifling is either 1. Nobody is buying them anymore because they're beginning to figure out that this doesn't work or 2. He's using it to pull members off BlasterHQ (since his is now banned from there) to keep himself in business. If he is tired of this then why does he continue (on a daily basis I might add) his immature games?

The dyno is proof that this mod doesn't even work, it gives less peak power and drops out of the powerband a lot sooner, what good is that? 2 strokes are meant to be revved, you don't often ride around at 1,500 RPM. The pipe and carb probably add maybe 7HP themselves, that means his awesome port job adds 1-3HP? Wow that's really worth the $250+

If this mod really does work then why doesn't the man himself come on here and explain how it works? Oh wait, I forgot he refuses to do that too. I guess we should all just send him our stuff and he'll make it fast for us without question :shootself:

Yeah I've seen his top notch customer service. Someone asks him for help and he tells them to just take it apart and start over or to go read the manual, damn it's hard to find that quality of service these days :huh:

There are plenty of one man shops being ran these days that manage to stay in business without scamming their customers.

Easy with the threats there, buddy, I may have to file a lawsuit against you now  :lol:

The FACT is that your seat of the pants dyno proves nothing. Lots of people stick boost bottles, reed spacers, octane booster and those $20 spark plugs on their quads and then feel like they've doubled their horsepower, what does that prove? That people will 'feel' a gain ever if there isn't one just so they can justify spending all their money on it. Read back through this post and you will see exactly why this mod DOESN'T work.

The reason why he lowered the price of his rifling is either 1. Nobody is buying them anymore because they're beginning to figure out that this doesn't work or 2. He's using it to pull members off BlasterHQ (since his is now banned from there) to keep himself in business. If he is tired of this then why does he continue (on a daily basis I might add) his immature games?

The dyno is proof that this mod doesn't even work, it gives less peak power and drops out of the powerband a lot sooner, what good is that? 2 strokes are meant to be revved, you don't often ride around at 1,500 RPM. The pipe and carb probably add maybe 7HP themselves, that means his awesome port job adds 1-3HP? Wow that's really worth the $250+

If this mod really does work then why doesn't the man himself come on here and explain how it works? Oh wait, I forgot he refuses to do that too. I guess we should all just send him our stuff and he'll make it fast for us without question :shootself:

Yeah I've seen his top notch customer service. Someone asks him for help and he tells them to just take it apart and start over or to go read the manual, damn it's hard to find that quality of service these days  :huh:

There are plenty of one man shops being ran these days that manage to stay in business without scamming their customers.

if it proves nothing then why were you and various other begging for a dyno sheet and CFM sheets? it shows a definite increase in low to mid rpm. people do often "think" it gives them more power which is one reason i did research and going with marc's business. ALL of his customers thought that way. it wasnt a couple here and there that thought indifferently, they ALL did feel an improvement.

prolly because you continue to rag on his work and as a moderator there is nothing he can do about. and a lot of people were really distracted by your claims. :rolleyes: as soon as he posted the price lots of people decided to jump on it and every one of them was satisfied with his work.

less peak power? .1hp? that is such a small difference in peak hp that it could have been just froma barometric pressure change in between runs for all we know. what are you saying it drops off sooner? if you are saying once it gets into overev(where no more power is being delivered and it is just added engine stress) then yes it does drop off quicker. your point being? what your basically stating that nything made for low end ina 2 stroke is pointless. you are somewhat true that you stay in the upper rpm's for the powerband but by your claim you make low and midrange seem like they are usless and shouldnt even be there. i guess powervalves are just gimmicks made by companies then. :yank: as we already cleared up on this topic before the dyno sheet is not showing peak power. daputz did the run to show the powerband. anybody with any dyno knowledge knows that certain tires, chain tension, and many variables makes a BIG difference in peak power numbers. not to mention this is RWHP as well. daputz blaster takes care of 400ex's(which make 26-28 at crank) with ease. so i guess he is only making 23hp then.

why should he? he has done it numerous times before and even after he has explained it you still shoot him down about it so its about fruitless to even waste time typing anymore.

Yeah I've seen his top notch customer service. Someone asks him for help and he tells them to just take it apart and start over or to go read the manual, damn it's hard to find that quality of service these days :huh:

if you ever read a clymer manual its about clear as daylight how it works. marc expects that if you are sending in your engine for porting that you know what your getting yourself into and you know what your doing. you dont see 12 year old kids with no mechanical knowledge taking apart their banshees and then sending them to passion racing and then they dont dotn ahve a clue how to put it back together. every one of his supporters knows what they are doing and installed the engine correctly and saw the full results. ive had over 30 questions asked of him in private messages stemming from last november when i was first interested in his work. ive PMed about any concern ive had and asked what he thinks works best with the motor and ive added other orders to his list including my friends shee carbs. as a matter of a fact he has them done and they are ready to ship to my friend as soon as he pays his paypal account. he finished 2 shee carbs in a week span with quality work and he is currently sick and still working when he can. the guy is down to earth and like a friend that you can BS with yet he still has great knowledge and knows what he is doing and gets the job done.

if it proves nothing then why were you and various other begging for a dyno sheet and CFM sheets? it shows a definite increase in low to mid rpm. people do often "think" it gives them more power which is one reason i did research and going with marc's business. ALL of his customers thought that way. it wasnt a couple here and there that thought indifferently, they ALL did feel an improvement

Dyno sheets and flow charts show proof that something works. Why is he so afraid to get it tested? How does he know its even any good if hes never tested it? As much as I'd hate to say it, probably 98% of his customers most likely don't know a piston from a counterbalancer so how would they know what was a good port job and what isn't? Don't you find it odd that there are so many knowlegable people explaining why this won't work? I don't think Marc can explain HOW it works because he knows it doesn't. You think sometime in the last 10 years he would have written it down and just show it to people so he doesn't have to keep writing it over and over, well atleast thats what someone with common sense would have done.

If this guy isn't even willing to prove to his potential customers that his products are actually proven on a real dyno or flow bench and not with a seat of the pants dyno then why should anyone send him their business? I guess he doesn't care enough about his customers to sacrifice a few bucks for them.

as soon as he posted the price lots of people decided to jump on it and every one of them was satisfied with his work.

Lots of people have gotten the rifle? I'd only say about 4-5 people have actually gotten it on BlasterHQ, I wouldn't consider that a large customer base to base my descisions on.

less peak power?

Yes .1 less HP, but thats still a loss none the less. I would hope that enlarging the carburetor would give more top end, but obviously the rifle doesn't increase top end what-so-ever.

prolly because you continue to rag on his work and as a moderator there is nothing he can do about. and a lot of people were really distracted by your claims.

Tell me, where have I been continuously ragging on his work? I posted something about it about 4 months ago and then something a few weeks ago. I don't understand how thats continously doing it? If Hollywood wanted this to end then he'd quit all the bashing going on on his site, obviously he is to immature to quit.

Edited by shee-gurg2k1

I've been watching responses from this kid for quite some time now, and all I have to say is, why feed his fire?

He knows everything about everything, so just let it be, you can't win with someone who thinks he knows everything, he obviously likes tormenting people on the internet to get some kind of cheap thrill, if you ignore him, he will eventually lose interest and find something else to waste his time on besides talking smack about some guy he has never met, or let alone done business with, or has even seen or used their products, some people call this a playground bully, I call it a sad and troubled person with way too much time on his hands, this is sad.

Ever feed a cat sitting on your back porch?, he never goes away after that, same thing with this kid, keep feeding him with something to do, and he will never leave it alone.

He obviously has alot of hatred going on in his life to dwell on talking smack so much about one shop he has never delt with, come on people, all your doing by responding to this kid is giving him a reason to get up in the morning, trust me, I'm in the middle of my psycology course in school right now and this is one of the things we have been studying, this type of behavior of hatred towards others, if you could see the lives these type of indiviuals lead, it would sicken you by seeing the loneliness they possess and the attention they are after, if you just ignore them they eventually seek another target weaker than them and less likely to put up a fight that they can overcome and feel good about themselves again, again its a sad life, but with medication, he can be helped. :cry:

If you stop feeding a stray cat, eventually it will get hungry and go where another unsuspecting person will feed it another meal to keep it going another day, but soon the neihborhood will know all about the cat and eventually shun him off never to be heard from again :clap:

like i stated befor go back to blasterhq :yank:

i think you do need to hit the books mabey some books on how a 2 stroke works so you can understand why holly wood dirts sorry excuse for porting dousn't work

sure you can say you got gains but i can take my dremal and open the intakes up and widen the exughst and see a increese in power so go back to blaster hq and talk about how great your polished intakes and riffled exughsts work and we here at banshee hq will talk about actual ways to gain hp

Edited by MULLET~BOY