Non Pvlved Rd 350 Engine

sneeky

Ga day mate.

I don't see any good arguments to get an air cooled engine for a Banshee spare. I don't think it would be near as reliable as a water cooled. You wouldn't have many options for head mods. You would sure have something different if that is really important to you.

heres the thing its water cooled

1981 rd 350

water cooled

6 speed

twin mikuni 22 mm carbs

looks same in every detail as the later model ones

water cooled alloy cylinders (look different to banshee and would polish up VERY well)

i will try to get some photos

cheap is 100 bucks aus so about 75 us

If that things packing 49 ponies I say you Aussies suck and get all the good shit. Fast cars (I love holdens), cool bikes, scooters, and girls that like to get dirty...no fair at all :lol: I'd say buy it, I bet you could part it out and make some good money on ebay minus the motor.

sneeky. ive got some info for you regarding your rd engine.

lets start at bottom end. Gearbox and crank shafts are different and will not interchange with the rz/banshee. Gearbox has same ratios as an rz thou. Most other bottem end parts are the same thou.

The cylinder stud pattern is different to Banshee/RZ - stud pattern is the same as old tz road race engines

The porting specs are of typical 70's porting designs and in no way are close to a banshees porting.

Yes the 81 rd came with a watercooled engine without the powervalves. The porting is still much similar to the air cooled version.

Hope this helps. Give me a call if you wanna know anything as i am very familair with them. And will be heading to drags again soon