Mud/water/slop Riding Bad Idea?

Just wait till you take a spill man, that $6000 machine will be the least of your worries ;)

I was the same way until I flew over the handlebars around 50mph and watched the brand new $6000 machine go ass over tea-kettle, at that point I could have cared less if the stupid thing was totalled as long as I was all set.

I've been up to the seat in soup-mud, only thing that happened is it took longer to clean ;)

Crossed a small stream last season, water up over the radiator, though for sure I'd dround it out as I have no airbox lid, trick is to go fast so the water doesnt have a chance to make it to the airbox :D

I think my shee is addicted to the mud, I try to stay away from it but it always heads for it no matter how hard I try to steer away. I have no lid and run a 2 stage foam setup. My intake has never seen any mud or anything. That filter has gone through some shit.

I've hit holes that have gone over the airbox, that I dont have the drain plug in, and it has to be over the airbox for a second or so, and I've had it suck a little water sometimes, but I know the limits, push those limits, and have never had it stall out on me from it.

Just a month ago when the water was higher, theres this river that we cross when its usually drier out. You have to hit it in a V because if you go straight across theres a deep area, and a soot bank down at the bottom of the V to hit and then cut back up. Usually the soot bank is in good site, and your only up to maybe halfway up your engine. That day the bank was under water, I just knew where it was, and went for it, getting down to it was easy with the flow of the water, but coming back up against the flow, my shee was loosing traction from floating a little bit, pipes were under water the whole time.....it was pretty crazy. Worst part was, I made it across, it was a little chilly, I was now soaked, and I had to cross back over it.

I've got over 10 grand in my shee and I still hit the mud, water, anything you can throw at me, chances are I'll try it if I think I have a chance. Go for it man, it wont hurt anything. Good tires are the key to mudding though.

It's ok to beat the shit out of your shee in the mud...washing it is a diffrent story. What a lot of people neglec to understand is washing your quad to much could hurt it. You could strip the greese and oils from your bike that are there to protect it from wear and tear. You all might think i am a knuckle head but after i wash my bike real good i like to greese everything that i can. then i spray bomb it with a little WD-40. i have a 89 shee that was my brothers before mine. He always washed it but never greesed it after the wash, and he was always replacing bearings, and bushings and such. Since i have had the bike since 95 i have yet to replace any of those things, and i really kick the living shit out of my bike.