Noss Head

DirtGrrl

hey guys..i just bought a NOSS head and some 19cc domes..any suggestions before it gets here?

ive never put one on or anything before..dave gave me a whole lot of info tho.and 10% off :)

so please..if u have any tips..lemme know!!

thanks

tonie

ok so i am going to buy 21cc domes to ride below 4,000 feet..i should be fine on premium fuel then right? no need for race fuel??????

and thanks :) u all have made it so easy to mod my banshee..no one i know rides one out here!!!

92 octane? :shootself: Nope! you need 92 mixed 1/2 and 1/2 with 110 race fuel at a minimum. I'd recommend straight race fuel or at least a fuel 100 octane or higher. First disconnect the coolant line on the water pump cover (bottm left) and drain, then the one at the front of the head, then the one at the back. Remove stock head. Use grease to hold the orings in place and install o-rings. Clean any head gasket material off the top of the cylenders with a puddy knife or razor, try not to scratch the top of the cylenders deeply. Put a small dab of grease around the base of each stud. Put the bottom half of the head on with the domes already over the cylinders or if you grease them up and stick them into the bottom plate. They may stick to the bottom plate while you install it but may fall off, no biggie if they do. You may need to lightly tap on the bottom plate evenly on either side to get it to go down the studs to the top of the cylinder. Put another small dab of grease on the studs at the top of the bottom plate. Slide the small o-rings over the studs and push them all the way down. Next put the top plate on and put all the nuts on. Get a torque wrench if you haven't got one, or borrow one. Torque them down in the numbered sequence that is on the stock head to fist 10 ft-lb, then 15 ft-lb, and finally 20 ft-lb. Now your ready to rock! :headbang::headbang::headbang:

After you get it all together, do a compression check. If you dont have a compression gauge, go buy one, they are good to have to know how the inside of your engine is wearing and such. Will let you know when its time to go for a rebuild. I check mine after every couple times of riding. If your compression starts to drop, chances are the top end will be on its way out and you'll need to keep a close eye on it for when to rebuild.

You should be alright with those domes and that elevation to run premium gas, but do a compression check and at 160 on up I'd start mixing the gas with a higher octane. The higher you go, the more you mix. I'd say at like 170 I'd start running straight race gas.

dlnoss..is that u dave???

the bringer of coolness to all heads?? lol

thanks guys..u have been a GREAT help..

i have to tell you that today..some kid asked me to race..and i WASTED HIM...

hadnt happened before..and damn DID IT FEEL GOOD lol

his bike LOOKED real nice..damn pretty bike..but..hey..looks arent everything right????

:)

THANK YOU ALL!!!!!

It's me Tonie. I'm anxious for you to get it and install it and hear what you think. It should show up Monday or Tuesday.

-David

David..

im so excited!! ive been thinking about it all day. You know ill put it on then instantly write a post about it lol cant help it.

hey and thanks for all your help on the phone..u really cleared up alot of questions I had..cant thank you enuff!!

tonie

well i give all kudos to dave for one hell of a mod. best money i spent was on that head. i finally got the bike running started on the first kick and oh damn between the vforce reeds the 2into1 and that head i bow to the master............... thanks dave you rock :headbang::cheers: