Idling High

svtkid78

shee is idling really high pull out choke then it stops but when you put choke back in it starts again. had it jetted right for my mods and have not changed them since, but i did move from jersey to florida. maybe that is the reason? use o-ring for head gasket so i don't think that is it. have a long day of riding tomorrow so any help would be good.

Slides are sticking or you have an air leak... PUll the air cleaner and look inside to see if one of the slides is stuck open a little. Also check the junction box where the throttle cable splits.... If the slides are all good, then spray some wd40 around the carb boots to see if you have an air leak. If you do then it'll idle up higher....

what about my air screws or idle screw.

Try em. They could very well be just a little too high...adjust the idle knobs so the slides touch the bottom of the carb, then turn them back up 1 full turn, this will sync the carbs as well as get the idle very close to perfect...

what ya think i should set air screws to 1/2 out or about 1 1/2

Try .5, 1.5, and 2.5 turns out and see which one responds the best to throttle response of the powerband...every shee is a little different so I can't answer that nor could anyone else....I've seen my shee like .5 turn out in my area, but 2 turns out 300 miles north of me......