Pismo

Josh A.

Goin the weekend after this one. The riding is great as long as it is not overpacked with people like on holiday weekends. When its packed like that the sand is all rutted up and really ruff riding. Best time to go is during the week, then you have the whole beach to yourself. Becareful someone usually dies there evry weekend. Just keep your eyes peeled and think safe and should be alright. :headbang:

My wife and I go too. Not bad riding but very small (height and area). I talked to Lopez Lake the other day to see if they'll be letting out water anytime soon since it flows down the beach and can block any access to/from the dunes. As it turns out Lopez is really low on water so unless we get some major storms, there should be no access problems for the rest of the year!

If you want to ride with people then you should check out Glamis. Pismo is so tiny that once it even starts to get busy the dunes are packed. Even on a holiday weekend at Glamis you can find places to ride/camp all by yourself if you want. Pismo for me is just for jumping. Unless you like to jump tabletops its just not worth going there, especially for me since Glamis and Dumont are only 40 miles further.

• 3 weeks later...

we where thinking of goin for the 4th but they told us the campground was full for the weekend. maybe thinking of goin sometime in june. pismo is a off season place to ride in the summer for me, it does not compare to glamis (or dumont in my opinion) but like everybody knows it get hot in the summer. hope you have fun and enjoy your bike, maybe youll make to glamis too.

Sorry Josh A. I didn't get back to you about the frame. It looked like you had it sold anyway.

As far as Pismo goes I think the conditions in the summer suck. There are way to many people there and it usually gets real windy which also sucks for riding and camping. We park our bikes in the summer and stay on the lake wakeboarding usually at Pine Flat Lake. Another thing about going to Pismo in the summer is that you can drive 3-4 hours to get there and not even be aloud into camp cause you didn't get reservations, that really sucks.

Yes If your into racing its a great time on a big weekend, if not there is hardly anybody there to race. On the big weekends too you get to see all the baddest bikes and get to test your skills alot. Big weekends are A+ for drag racing.