Cant Hang A Wheelie

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its all about practice, just dont get the wheelies out of hand, yesterday i really fked up on one and messed up my knees cracked the plastic and set the wheel off camber. I usually start out in like 2nd gear and ripp on it when it goes down just hit it again and hope it comes back up, if it goes up too much tap the brake, if your starting to get the rpms up shift it. It's all about practice. I can usually go for like 15-20 feet. back in the day i couldnt even pop one because the tires would just spin on me.

Its hard to practice this on a banshee. You really need to get a feel of balance point on a slower bike. if you have a 4 stroker or something it will make this much easier to practice. The banshee is very quick to go from hero to zero when you're at the balance point like that. You really need to get used to the feeling on something else, then when you have it down its an easy transition to the shee.

Its hard to practice this on a banshee. You really need to get a feel of balance point on a slower bike. if you have a 4 stroker or something it will make this much easier to practice. The banshee is very quick to go from hero to zero when you're at the balance point like that. You really need to get used to the feeling on something else, then when you have it down its an easy transition to the shee.

I think so too!! I played on my sons 80cc for a while...lmao. I had no problem. Rode an old honda 250x for a couple min and held a wheelie fine. Try it on the banshee....what a bitch. You have to hit the grab bar a couple times before you'll find the balance point. I'm still not very good, but I like to start from a dead stop and try to "walk" a wheelie. Almost impossible on the banshee with mods because it's peaky. It can be done. When getting really high just keep the rear brake ready. That was key for me... the rear brake.

Hit, hold it, use the rear brake. My next step may be feathering the clutch..... that's for another day though.

yeah i can ride em across fields as well i start off in 2nd and just pop the clutch usually can make it to like 4th or 5th before i start getting scared and set her down. already been through a set of a-arms handle bars and my grab bar is at about a 90 degree angle. it takes practice but it is very possible. i would reccomend in grass for most traction sand is pretty hard.

feathering the clutch is a good way to

...put you on your ass! :lol: Be careful when clutching & giving it gas in a wheelie until you really get the hang of it. I know what you're talking about & do it some myself, but I don't know I'd recommend that to a newbie. :rolleyes: I agree with 909, he pretty much summed up what I was going to say. :cheers:

try to wheelie with a fat chick on the back :lol: that should help....i agree that keepin them going on the shee is a pain in the ass, on a rap-turd or slowhundred ex I can "walk" them though most the gears. but on the shee I have to put my fatass wayyyy back on the bike to pop it up on flatland. In the sand with paddles it's pretty easy to pull it up

IMO its not really that hard but thats just me i wheelie everything i get my hands on first thing i did when i got it was try to wheelie and now i got it down just got to go back far enough dont be scared to fall on the grab bar it will slide most of the time and if it happens relax and hit the back brake and you will come right down.