Gearing

SICK BOY

In May a local car dirt track is going to have a ATV race.The track is a half mile oval,and the start is going to be a rolling start.My mods are listed in my sig,and was wondering if you guys think 16/38 gearing would work for this track??

My chassis set up is stock front shocks,and a-arms with lowering kit.The back is all stock as well with lowering kit.I will be running Hoosiers all the way around.I know it sucks,but I just did a complete rebuild and it was getting a little pricey (not to mention I had to buy my son braces).This is my first year racing,so if I like it next year I'll be dumping more money into it. ;)

a sway-bar is a must. If you shop around you can find one pretty cheap. WhenI race on a 1/2 mile track I start with a 16/40 and if that is not enough I put a 39 on the rear.

I agree check aroung ebay, or pm me cause i can get one from the shop. Pro101 you got a hella lot more motor than SICK BOY. What do you think he needs to start with????

We run a VERY large 3/8's mile track (its actually a half mile on the outside) where they held a national last year and will have another this year. I had a ported 350 motor and ran 16/39 gears with great results. Topped in 5th every straightaway and occasionally would hit 6th for just a short burst to beat someone into a turn.

I can't wait to see how my Passion +4 motor pulls these gears on this track. :D

Proquad, the track is Paducah International Raceway. D34 and my favorite race track. Are you going to make it to all of the ST nationals this year? The first one is on May 13th. My fiance graduates from college on the 14th. I am pretty sure we won't make it back in time and I made the mistake of telling her that :o . She isn't too happy. :) D34 says it will be cheaper in the long run since skipping her graduation will probably mean we will skip the wedding. :headbang: