Digatron

jsekula

It has been something I have been looking into... It is hard to jet my Shee around here, no long smooth straightaway to open it up to check jetting... This is where Digatron comes into play... This is what it can do:

Engine RPM (Tachometer), Jackshaft RPM, Speed (MPH or KPH) and up to four temperatures.

Timing with an infrared or magnetic sensor.

All functions record 20 times per second. Times displayed to the 100th of a second.

Maximum readings of all functions. Minimum readings of RPM and Speed.

Full hour of datalogging and detailed playback.

Free P.C. Downloadable software. Features: Custom instrument configuration, charts, graphs and log book. USB and serial computer input.

Has anyone here used one? What exhaust temperatures are you shooting for? 1100 to 1250 degrees? It looks like a great way to setup jetting. Give some thoughts and advice if you have one. Thanks, Joe

Here is a link to Digatron:

http://www.digatronusa.com/products-atvs.shtml

Guys around here use them in sleds a lot and I have one for my banshee but I haven't installed it yet. The position of the exhaust probes makes a big diference on the exhaust temp reading so you have to do some testing to get the temp you want. You have to do plug checks until you have it jetted just right, then check the temp on the Digitron. That becomes your baseline so when you have to jet in the future you adjust up or down to get back to that temp. It's way easier than doing plug checks once you find your baseline.