Best Oil To Gas Ratio

xt45

for every 1 gallon of gas, put 4 ounces of yamalube (recommended)

1 gallon=128 ounces(oz)

20:1 will be 128/20=6.4 ounces of yamalube per 1 gallon of gas

32:1 will be 128/32=4 ounces of yamalube per 1 gallon of gas

40:1 will be 128/40=3.2 ounces of yamalube per 1 gallon of gas

how many ounes per gallon, will be the best for the engine, performance.

The less oil you run..the more power you make...BUT the lube that motor is getting is what your mixing in that gas...also the oil compresses less the air so the more oil you run the higher compression you'll get. So what's worth more to you? Engine longevity or performance. I used to run 40:1 but after s few years my crank bearings were worn out. Since then I run 32:1. Yamaha recomends a 28:1 ratio. All depends on what you like to do. People run as much as 50:1 but they're doing engine damage in the long run. That little bit of oil you mix in is all the lube that motor is getting remember that. 32:1 is a good ratio has a good ballance of performance and engine life.

28:1 will be 128/28=4.6 ounces of yamalube per 1 gallon of gas(Yamaha Recommends)

50:1 will be 128/50=2.6 ounces of yamalube per 1 gallon of gas

So since Yamaha recommends 28:1 for Banshees, then use 4.6 ounces of Yamalube per 1 Gallon of Gas

So using 28:1, for 5 gallons of gas put 23 ounces of Yamalube for best longitivity of your shee.

128*5=640/28=23

( Best Longevity )

28:1 will be 128/28=4.6 ounces of yamalube per 1 gallon of gas

( Yamaha Recommends )

50:1 will be 128/50=2.6 ounces of yamalube per 1 gallon of gas

100:1 will be 128/100=1.3 ounces of yamalube per 1 gallon of gas

( Best Performance, Worst Longevity )

People run as much as 50:1 but they're doing engine damage in the long run.

4 years of 50:1 in mine and the top end looks brand new. I have the head off right now and took some pictures a few days ago. The pistons look like I installed em yesterday and the cylinder walls show some very slight wear marks, the marks in the cylinder walls are so slight you can barely feel the worse wear mark... this is after 4 years of 50:1, and there's 20 other guys here running high mix ratio's with quality premix that have similar results and the proof to back it up. I'll post my pictures asap. BTW when I built my engine and got it broke in, the compression was 140, 4 years later.... its at 135 in both juggs. Kinda pissed me off cause I was hoping to rebuild the engine just to freshen it up and have peice of mind that the topend was fresh for this year, when I did my comp test and seen im at 135..... iv decided to keep running it for a little while longer. Im plannin on rebulding right before CoalFest in July.... just for the sake of retireing the topend and having a fresh one for CoalFest. BTW im using Amsoil premix

Please understande if you are running Yamalube in you shee you are missing out. Of coures Yammaha wants you to run 28:1 of Yamalube, they are making a bundle of $$ off those of you that are using their product. The more you use the more you buy the more $$ in there pocket and the slower you go. Switch to a synthetic premix and dump the Yamalube it is garbage. Personaly I'm with Meat run Amsoil at 50:1. I've done this ever since I finished breaking the top end in back in 2000 and the Shee runs just as hard as it did brand new and the top end still looks factory.