Portefd Jugs What Jets Now...?

SyNtAxx

hey all,

I just got my new motor running....I am a little nervous about my jetting. i just dont want to mess up a new top end.

My Mods are in my signature....

I am curently jetted at 30 on the pilot and 340 on the main jet. The temperature here in PA varies now from 30-65 degrees....

I havent found a place open enuff to wind her up in 6th gear to do a plug chop :(

Do you guys think i am close? I went a size or two higher on the main jet then the porter mentioned just because I am obsesive Compulsive.... :blink:

Thanks for all your help...

Nick

I havent found a place open enuff to wind her up in 6th gear to do a plug chop :(

Well, a plug chop is very important. If you can't get it into 6th then how about 5th or 4th? If you can get it into 4th, then do a wot plug chop in 4th, or even third if that's what it takes. Actually, I know several reputable people locally that do all their "plug chops" in third. Reading your plugs at wot in third is a lot better than totally guessing.

I am curently jetted at 30 on the pilot and 340 on the main jet. Do you guys think i am close? I went a size or two higher on the main jet then the porter mentioned just because I am obsesive Compulsive.... :blink:

There's only one way to find out, the above plug chop. Your probably close enough to take a test run. I might have mentioned a little higher pilot than that and a 360 main, but I'm not sure of your elevation, so 340 might be right on. Take a test run in the highest gear you can get at wot and check your plugs from that, you'll be good to go with that. Promise.

I'd verify that your needle is in the third clip from the top/blunt end at the very least. With the porting and all, I'd personally go to the 4th, hell, I in the 4th now and don't have any porting. You'll notice a great response in the mid moving to the 4th. But then again, I don't know your elevation, the 3rd might be a better choice for a little higher elevation. Needles are easy, if it's too much, you can also take it back one very easy.

Hey all,

My elevation is 562ft A.S.L but I ride as high as 1500 A.S.L

Thanks again....

Nick

get a "dial a jet. you can adjust up 10 main sizes and down 10 main sizes with the turn of a knob. very cool.