Glow In The Dark

Hockey390

I was surfing the web and came across some dye made for your coolant. I was thinking to myself, a glow in the dark dye would look bada$$... So I started my search out and was unable to find anything.. So what do you all think? Is there such thing as a glow in the dark dye? If there is, is it safe to put in your radiator? THe reason I ask this is because in order for it to glow, it obviously has some type of chemical, and that makes me wonder if having that chemical running through your engine and all that good stuff would be a good idea or no..

Lets hear what you think.

why would you want it in your radiator? if i was to get it id paint the outside of the radiator cos i thot the hole point is to see it. i suppose it would be goo cos you would see how much water is needed to put in but apart from that.....why? id want it on the outside

if you want that glowing effect, just zip tie a crack and glow stick under your gas tank :P i wouldnt put anything like that in my rad., if you do, do alot of research on it to make sure it wont mess anything up in there. it is possible they have something, the regular dies they have with the clear hose kits must not harm anything. but who knows :rolleyes:

I think it would work, I have clear hoses and I like the look.

Using my Blue LED in the pics from the images forum would get it to glow quite nicely. It would glow EVEN more if I had used radiometric blue (ROyal Blue) LEDs which will be available when I get the kits farther along. This stuff makes anything glow in the dark light up like crazy, it will even react with neon colors. I tested a radiometric blue the other day and the affect was amazing. They are not as bright as the Regular blue LEDs sceen in the pictures but the glow affect is definately intensified.