Need Help Please

monty9

The metal cover your talking about is the Flywheel.To remove you need to take the large nut off the center.Airtools work best!Then use the proper flywheel puller to remove. First use a continuity tester to check the stator as said before! Follow the instructions given by BenB to check the continuity! :blink:

Your stator could be faulty. Also, the TORS system. Are you positive you disconnected the TORS module which is located under the fuel tank on the left side of the bike next to the coil? You can disconnect everything else on the bike and if this isn't disconnected, your at square one. Are you sure your getting fuel? Are the carbs clean? All the connections correct, tight and clean?

i cleaned all the connections and made sure they were tight and i got spark, now i have another problem.the bike starts now but when you give it gas it revs then stays at a high ideal, i mean realy high sounds like the bikes going to explod. any ideas on what would cause this to happen now?