Shee Vs Raptor

joshp66

i have a friend that says the dealer told him that a raptor would do like 90 stock, so he bought it and he thinks he can smoke me, well we never had a chance to race yet, but this weekend we are gonna do it so who wins stock vs stock on grass?? i think ill give him the holeshot then smoke him once i hit 3rd ..

LOL 90mph??? what a freakin sales pitch. Banshee 73mph stock and raptor 75 mph stock. 90 mph yeah with a car pushing it lol . Well if you got good tire traction, 2nd gear start it's always a nice launch. Don't give him any lead way just give the shee hell and don't let up. If you wanna elimate traction problems drag race on pavement just watch that front end from flipping up over ya.

Yeah, traction and distance changes the whole match. I saw a well done comparison with a piped banshee, a piped raptor, and a the new Kawi v-twin whatever. All machines were pretty new and not highly modified, I believe all with stock tires. This particular race was on a fairly smooth dirt road. I dont remember the distance but it was a fairly short sprint. The Kawi V-twin was first, followed by the banshee and then the raptor in each of about 10 races. But the Kwai V-twin weighs like a ton and has an automatic transmission so of coarse its going to hook up off the line in the dirt. In another comparison that I saw in a reputable magazine for a longer distance the Kawi V-twin was dead last of all the sport machines at the end of the didsance but was about first in the first 100 ft or so. I'd say that if your on dirt make sure that the race is a long one where you can top out in 6th so you can give the shee a chance to put down some of its power down. They spin the wheels real bad up through 3rd on dirt compared to a 4 stroke but hook up pretty good from 4th on up. On AC you should get far forward on the seat so you can keep the front wheels down and I'd say the raptor should dissapear after shifting into 3rd.

you dont do 74 on a stock banshee unless it is in neutral and going down a huge fucking hill. I bought my 03 off the showroom floor and it never got above 71 untill modded. Call it rider right wrong i have been riding since i could reach the shifter. As far as the banshee verses the raptor the banshee will kick the raptors ass for a while but if you race longenough to have them both wide open for a 1/4 mile the raptor will take you. It took me. it has a good 1 or 2 extra mph top end. we were both stock and i was way ahead of my buddie but we were jsut ridding down a road and eventualy he passed me. I was pissed.

Slap a tooth higher sprocket in it :ph34r: I bet after a while you could get close to 80 by just doing that. If its running good. That's mainly what hurts the stock banshee besides pipes, i think out of the box they are geared to low to compensate for the lack of bottom end power. If you know how to ride though you dont need to have low gearing. Just my 2 cents.