Recommended First Mods

stealthawd

newb to this board. just bought a 98 banshee that is totally stock. i lowered it last week to better suit my riding style and what not.

what are some of the basics to look for or check with banshees?

also, what are some basic mods to start out with? is there any free power to be had by little mods here and there?

i am comfortable with modding but just dont know where to start. my other four wheeler is a Tecate which is highly modded. i just want to know more about the banshee as it's my new toy...

TIA for the help and I look forward to learning more about the banshee platform...

what kind of riding do you do?

some jumping, lots of flats, some trails

the purpose for lowering was handling. i love the way a lowered four wheeler handles...

all the banshees i rode in the past i was not crazy about the stock handling...but that was compared to a tecate set up for flat track...

tires are definitely needed and wanted. what is the recommended overall tire? my brother and buddy both have 02 banshees with maxxis razers <sp> and they seem pretty nice. what is the best price as well as best place to buy from?

i know forums are great for answering questions...so any help is greatly appreciated...

i do want to widen the stance. i am an engineer by trade and have full access to a machine shop, so there may be some things here and there i will make myself.

i have seen lots of wheel spacers and lowering kits on ebay...some of it is a bit high for what it is...and i can make it much much cheaper...

i was just reading about dirtbike filters on the banshees, i will prolly go that route and see how things go with that. i put a new stock exhaust that was on my brother's banshee for a few weeks before he got the FMF Fatty's, but an exhaust is in the works as well. i dont really like the sound of his too much, it's a little too high pitched for me...any exhaust suggestions?

i know i am hitting you guys with a lot of questions...the response has been great...

if anyone ever wants to mod a 3000GT/Stealth Twin Turbo, holla' at me, i know that platform well hahahaha :D

Definately get you a better air filter at the least. I've ran K&N Clamp-ons, they're good, but I've had better luck with the toomey 2:1 system with a UNI filter & outerwear. Less maintinance & performs just as good. Then I'd look into some pipes...just to start. ;) Probably wouldn't be a bad idea to get rid of the parking break assymbly & disconnect the TORRS also.

Toomey's got a good puurrr....the chrome is so pretty (use to be anyhow)

I just got some raZors they hook up great and still slide in pretty much all terrain I put them through....

Me rides...

woods, mud, watery mud, rock, rocky mud, woody mud, oh even snow down here last weekend, muddy snow.

But you just gotta love the SAND..

welcome aboard man, u sure came to the right place. Pure Sports makes a tire called the bandit, i heard they're tough as nails so u might wanna check them out. great all round tire i think. pipes will wake your shee right up. i have a set of Toomey T-5's with toomey silencers.they sound awesome! between like 4th and 6th gear wide sounds like a ferrari according to my dad haha. i love em. but as far as cheaper things go def a new air filter and maybe vent ur box. u might have to rejet but the filter is a good idea. good luck and fill us in on what ur doin with her. B)

thanks everybody...is there any online sites showing how to vent the air box, parking brake assy, TORRS and what not?

i'm all about the ferrari sound...i've heard great things about the toomey pipes...does rejetting involve just buying new jets and installing in the carbs or is there more to it than that?

like i said, any online sites that you guys recommend...

i was just in san antonio this past week and i was crazy to ride...so many wide open places once you get outta town...and it friggin' snowed LMAO...that place just shut down when it snowed hahaha

thanks everybody...is there any online sites showing how to vent the air box, parking brake assy, TORRS and what not?

i'm all about the ferrari sound...i've heard great things about the toomey pipes...does rejetting involve just buying new jets and installing in the carbs or is there more to it than that?

like i said, any online sites that you guys recommend...

i was just in san antonio this past week and i was crazy to ride...so many wide open places once you get outta town...and it friggin' snowed LMAO...that place just shut down when it snowed hahaha

U a Texan.. I have been transplanted here...Snow was great..

I tell my boss, "If it snows sleet or ice I wont be in I'll be out playin with the Banshee" Our plant doesn't close.