Which Will Respond Better To Porting, Etc.?

I'm looking to get the best low and mid power I can get, and I know different pipes respond differently to porting and other mods. I am leaning towards the gnarlies because they are specifically for the power I am wanting, but I have heard that fatties respond well to porting. If it matters I have stage 3 mx porting and intake porting as well. What pipes would you recommend?

If I had the money I would get the pt mids. I can get my choice of fatties or gnarlies for $100 less brand new, and there seem to be a lot of them on ebay, so I might be able to pick up a pair for even less. Sredish, I really have nowhere to top it out, I ride all mx so I thought the gnarlies would suit me better?? I have a fatty on my blaster and I like it alot, but I would like any extra low end power I can get. I have another question and didnt want to start a new topic, if I decide to do a flywheel mod, should I just get a degree key, or an adjustable stator plate. Are either of those mods worth it and will I have to rejet?

If I had the money I would get the pt mids. I can get my choice of fatties or gnarlies for $100 less brand new, and there seem to be a lot of them on ebay, so I might be able to pick up a pair for even less. Sredish, I really have nowhere to top it out, I ride all mx so I thought the gnarlies would suit me better?? I have a fatty on my blaster and I like it alot, but I would like any extra low end power I can get. I have another question and didnt want to start a new topic, if I decide to do a flywheel mod, should I just get a degree key, or an adjustable stator plate. Are either of those mods worth it and will I have to rejet?

I think you answered your own question.....get the gnarlies...match the porting to the pipes...low end pipe w/ low end porting... ;)

I think you answered your own question.....get the gnarlies...match the porting to the pipes...low end pipe w/ low end porting... ;)

Yep, if your not going to top it out and want the extra oomph down low, the gnarlies might just be the pipe of choice for you.

Also, in my opinion, get the stator plate, i'm not fond of keys. I haven't done that because I'm wanting to run a Dyna ignition, but its supposed to be a very gratifying mod.

Good luck with it.