What The \\''o\'/?.,//was That?

vmaxup

ok I read the guy who had some backfire problems. I dont know if he fixed it but here is my problem. Ill tell you the whole story. And what ever the response is dont tell me i have bad fuel. or to clean my carbs.

my mods are pipes, K&N,airbox cover removed,torus diconnected, twist throttle, idle screws,ebrake removed and wiring.

I was at Glamis for Halloween road the first day great. Plugs were cinimon brown.

2nd day while riding I herd a small pop once and a while. I stoped and checked my plugs to see if I was runing lean. Cinimon brown still. rode back to camp found out the boost bottle ripped a boot on the left side.

Ok so new boots and it still backfires. So I put bigger jets in and cleaned the carbs like all day tried everything.

got madd and road it anyway.

We wont get into the crash and burn in a witches eye that night. Anyway.Got home and tried a bunch of stuff. So finally I figured I must have a stuck ring. So I pulled the cylinders off no stuck ring. So I replaced the rings. Did an air leak down test. It held 5 pounds for a hlf hr.So I start it up and it still dose it. I let it run idleing for a while and would crack the throttle. Then one time I cracked the throttle and the crank let loose. Same side as the riped boot.

S :( o I figure that rodd was getting ready to go and that was my problem. Noddaaaaaaaaaaa! Rebuilt crank,New seals gaskets,milled the head and since the guy was boring it . he ported it. You know if it dont run maybe going faster

will help.so 1grand later and all fixe right Naddaaaaaaaa!

So last night we got the new motor together and installed it in like 3 hrs.

Record time!

At 10:30 at night I was ripping up and down the street to try it out.

Ran great and that porting really works great.Really fast.

So all fixed right Nadaaaaa!!

Got out of work early Fr. Decided to put some new brakes on the old work truck.Then thought I would rip around on the shee again.

Hard time starting now. Then its back to backfire. It was like theres an elf in the garage when i leave the house.

Ok so i find out after swaping carbs from another banshee and pulled my silencers apart to see if there clogged there not. That a plug is bad, I put in a new plug and off we go. I get back and start adjusting my idle screws and noticed were back to running on one cylinder other side now. Only one pipe is hot. I check for spark on and another bad plug on the other side.

Sso I dig around in some old jet ski stuff and find a Br8es and a B8es. Cleaned them up and threw them in. All good runs great. Then backfire is back again damn elf.

So anyone have an answer.

It cant just be plugs fom the start at Glamis.

why is it good than bad. Why am I now fowling plugs all the time. There a nice cinnimon brown.

It cant be the Carbs tried two sets. It has to be electrical. I think?

Stator bad? Coil Bad? cdi Bad? I give up!

Ive never fowled ouut a plug on a banshee of even herd of anyone else fowling a plug on one..

4 stroke looks pretty good about now. Leaving for Glamis in 4 days help.

And no the air in the tires is fine :(

My problem started kinda like that,,,...yadada...

fouled plugs "left and right" :o

Mine turned out to be electrical like u said "Bad stator" :(

a wire rubbed raw, So new stator and now smoking like a freight train!!! :angry:

Hope this helps out !!!! four strokes have too much sh** to put back together!!!!

I've read some post with similiar problems but never seen one reply with the fix I've seen three times this last year. the complaint would be back fire on full throttle hill climbs or just not pulling as hard as it should may act like it's fat on the main jet dark plugs but dropping a size main has slight change. I know of one bike guy who leaned down and melted down his piston. the problem turned out to the resister built into the end of the plug wire boots, should be approx 5k changed boots and shee ran like a banshee before that I was getting blown away by my brothers built 250r after that i beat him by 3bikes up comp hill, so don't forget these $3.00 parts they will screw with your mind!!!!! B)