My Shee Keeps Overheating

tacoking

I purchased a 00 shee about a month ago and have had over heating problems from the start. I thought it was a bad head gasket so I put on a Noss cool head and a 1.6 radiator cap and fresh collant. Unfortunatley it hasn't solved the problem. Havent check the water pump impeller yet but that will be next. Does the stock impeller fail often? I have seen aluminum ones that look like they would last longer. I just put fmf pipes on and its still over heating so I know its not a jetting issue. Also when I shut off the bike you can here the collant gurgeling through the hoses. I don't know if its supposed to do that. It usually overheats more when riding in sand, probably because I am on the gas so much but it will still overheating some what when riding normal. If you have any imput I would much appreciate it.

First off, be careful, you don't want to be running it with it super hot all the time, if you know its overheating, take special care not to run it hot.

The stock impeller is a plastic piece of dog crap. Get a new Pro Design impeller thats a lot stronger and flows better. Second, get rid of all the "collant" and get some "Engine Ice" coolant. The local dealer should have some or be able to get it. It will run cooler than the coolant. You have a Noss head, but with what domes. A lot of people buy the heads expecting to run cooler but throw super high compression domes and that offsets the temp. drop. You may get some inline coolers, I don't know if they help, but some like them. Check your radiator for proper flow, make sure its not stopped up. There are other things you can do, and you may check in to getting a gauge so you can tell what the temps are exactly.

If all else fails, and everything is good, you may have to get a high capacity radiator. It shouldn't just run super hot, so chances are, with some investigating, you'll find it.

I changed the jetting for the weather here. Its about 50-70degrees and I am running fmfs standard jetting specs 260/30. I am only running 21 domes so the compression shouldn't be a factor. I just burped the system to make sure all air was out. Did not do this before so maybe its a factor but it only took a few ounces of fluid if that. If i wanted to check the radiator flow how should I do that?