Hopw Do U Get Ur Tank Out

i also had this problem. it was due to a bent frame. the part that the steering stem mounts to was bent back towards the seat a little bit.

I would have to loosen the stem bolts to give it more clearance to come out.

I just fixed it a couple weeks ago with a small hydraulic bottle jack. after you get the tank out you can put a piece of wood across the frame where the tank sits, the bottle jack the bent section back into position.

I put a giant screw driver down in front of the tank and between the frame and just pushed back on it gently and it poped right out. Wouldnt come out any other way though.

My frame is bent a little too I imagine, because it pulls to the right ever so slightly and the tank is next to impossible to get out without a screwdriver :lol:

Is any banshee frame not bent? :o

mines not !!!! i had to gusset the crap out of it so it wouldnt bend, so far its made it through a rollover and is still straight. if you need help doing it let me know, later

Good timing on this post. I went to put my stock steering stem back on and take my tank out to remove my jugs for porting. This is when I noticed the frame is smashed up against the fuel tank :o So now my back end is bent from my six pack rack (no big deal) and the front is bent from my rollover. How do I pull it out and how do I make sure its straight? :huh:

Where can I get my frame straightened professionally if that's what I need? How much will it cost? If its not too expensive I'd like to have my frame straightened and gusseted.

Good timing on this post.  I went to put my stock steering stem back on and take my tank out to remove my jugs for porting.  This is when I noticed the frame is smashed up against the fuel tank :o  So now my back end is bent from my six pack rack (no big deal) and the front is bent from my rollover.  How do I pull it out and how do I make sure its straight?  :huh:

Where can I get my frame straightened professionally if that's what I need?  How much will it cost?  If its not too expensive I'd like to have my frame straightened and gusseted.

EYEBALL INGINEERING !! I USED A BUNCH OF STREIGHT EDGES TO KEEP IT ALL IN LINE AND IT WORKED, TO STRAIGHTEN IT, A BFH AND A PIECE OF 2X4. THEN THE GUSSETING, SOME THICK PLATE CUT INTO A COOL DESIGN THAT NO ONE WILL EVER SEE, BUT YOU KNOW THE CRAFTSMAN SHIP AND FUNCTIONALITY IS THERE. I DID ONE FOR A GUY THAT FLIPPED AT GLEN HELLEN AND I JUST THREW IN A STRAIGHT STEM AND HAMMERED THE HOOP BACK TILL THE STEM WAS SITTING COSHER IN THE MOUNT, GOT HIM BACK UP AND ROLLING FOR THE NEXT RACE. I DONT EVEN KNOW WHO THE HELL HE WAS. :huh: BUT HE WON AND THEN THANKED ME FOR GETTING HIS BIKE TO GO B)

COOLRAP, IT MIGHT BE A GOOD IDEA TO DO IT BEFORE YOU START MX, ONE SLIP IN PRACTICE COULD LEAVE YA HANGIN FOR A FEW RACES, THIS WAY YOU HAVE A BETTER CHANCE OF GETTING BACK ON IT AND HALLIN BALLS !! WHEN EVER YOUR READY, HIT ME UP. LATER