My Launch Sucks Need Some Help...

scotts96fast

I did some winter drags this year and my launch really sucked.After 200 feet i was passing and gaining ground on the guys,but ran out of track.It's only 500 feet...With my set-up what can I do to improve my launch?I was at +4....What is the difference from +4 and +7timing?Where's the most power with each setting?Also I was at the end of 4th gear(MAYBE 5TH GEAR NOT SURE) at the end of the track running 15/41gearing.should I run a different gear on a short track?My shee pulls alot harder in mid to top....need to find some bottom nuts!!

I had 4lbs in the tires.Without beablocks how low can you go without spinning a tire off the rim?ya I started in 1st...2nd it's not really there.unless I don't have it rev'd high enough......or it's just the gearing.....what rpm do you guys like to launch at?I have a tach,but just started to do drags and have some to learn.....it's all over in a few seconds.....

try a 14 tooth or even a 13 tooth

That's what I'd do. ;)

EDIT...just though of this also...

What type of terrain are you dragging on & what type of tire, size, paddles?

This was on frozen ground.The sleds tore it up and the snow was gone at the line.Sometimes I will be on Ice.I studded a set of shredders 20".They are used but in fair shape.Is there a rule of thumb on the gear you want to be in when passing the finish line?I hooked up pretty good(did a wheelie for the first 10 feet...Whoops)But I started in first gear.I should go out and try a 14 up front and second gear start.It does bog a little sometimes starting in second with a 15 T.Not sure if it's me with the clutch and rpm's or machine can't handle it....have to go out and try a few things..