Hospital Visit

smokin350

Well guys it finally happened to me 404bigbore,ported,coolhead, toomey t5s, and throttle sticking = hospital visit so yeasterday i'm riding on this road that goes into a big truck company and along side of it was railraod tracks well i', going down the road 5th gear about to go into 6th the throttle sick i go sidways up the snow hill nosed dived into the railroad tracks fell off whacked my head on the tracks had a helmet on but noot strapped it fell off then banged my head again. Well make a long story short broken ribs, fractured collarbone, concusion, maybe herniatedsome discs, but the most thing fucked up my bike brand new t5s dent, broke my plastics, bent the grab up and the left bar that comes out on the grab bar is craked up thrttle cable snaped i guess when it rolled. idk but what the f?$k caused this is was kinda scarry and by girlfriend thought since i got all messed up that i wouldn't wanna ride it anymore yea right!!! soon as i better is time to fix her up o well wanted new plastics anyway got a twist throttle in the car and i know a pretty good welder just hope the frame is bent then i be really pissed but can anyone tell me i this happened i have t5s,404bigbore,ported,coolhead18ccdomes custom cut 94octane open airbox tors ar still attached all stafty features are there i just wanna know what happened? thanks guys i tried making as short as possible jsut so much to say

i don't have the tors removed it just stuck wide open and i don't know why and i just realized i fucked up the right a-arm upper and lower its wierd it cambered on the right side like the right top of the tire is inward towards the fender so i guess i bent that up so if anyone has some of those for sale that would cool thanks guys i just really wanna know why it stuck man this blows not to mention i'm in serios f$#kin pain but nothing some viks cant help.

hey man not raggin on u, hope u get better, but if u were gonna go up into 6th shouldnt u have had plenty of room to think before u hit a snow bank????  :unsure:

I don't understand either. You said you was getting ready to shift into 6th and your throttle stuck then you crashed. I agree, you should have had plenty of time to think. Why done people just hit the kill switch and shut everything down? I just don't understand. I am not raggin you either man, it sucks and I really hope you get better.

Hey, sucks you crashed but shit happens, my throttle has stuck on me a few times, most of the time it was after I had been through mud or a river.

Anyhow I got some old a-arms at home I am pretty sure top left, top right, bottom right, they are pretty scrathed up but the ball joints are sweet and they are straight I think.

If you let me know what one you need and if you are keen to pay the shippinhg from me in NZ its yours.

It would probably take a long while to get to you but that should be ok with the down time you will be havin anyway.

Let me know

If your TORS is not unplugged or removed, than your throttle didn't stick. The TORS is designed so that if you let off the throttle, and the slides do not return to idle position, than the ignition cuts out. Therefore making it impossible for a stuck throttle. Now, being you said that you hit some sort of snowbank, I am guessing it is fairly cold out. And perhaps the humidity was high. Stock banshee carbs stick in wet, cold conditions. Sorry to hear of your mishap, and I hope you make a full recovery. Strap your bucket on next time, and learn where the kill switch. Panic is NO excuse. That's why there is a kill switch located within fingers reach. Or, pull in the clutch. I'd take an overrev over bustin myself up. :o I've yanked my tether many a times in the past. You need to program yourself to use the kill switch when shit happens. :(

Pull that clutch and let the engine blow up if thats what it takes. I don't know how much HP that 404 makes, but I can lock my rear up if I stomp my rear brake hard enough no matter what/how I'm riding.

Get well, hope theres not permenant damage to you. The bike can be fixed, but anything done to you, you'll have the rest of your life.