Jetting Sound Right?

finally after 6 months of having a stock shee, i now have pipes :D. I just bought fmf fattys off of ebay about a week ago. The jetting chart on fmfs website says to run 260 mains and 30 pilots. Because its only about 20-30 degrees here and at about 700-800 ft above sea level, I went ahead and ordered 280 mains from the dealer and the 30 pilots. Does my jetting sound right?

Assuming "stock" means original airfilter setup, I reckon you're in the ballpark.

Maybe towards the rich side of "ball park".

If you still have the snorkle, I suggest removing it and you should be close.

Remember the WOT test after rejetting the mains...

k thanks.. and yes stock includes stock airfilter, dont really have the money at the moment for anything else after getting these pipes <_< .

W/ lid on and no snorket, go w/ 270-280 mains, w/ no lid....290 mains for summer and 300 for winter....raise the needle one clip and try it...I'd stick w/ stock pilots and adjust the air screws for the best throttle response....go from there...

For a plug check, what gear should i hold it open throttle for and how long?

That depends on your riding, but generally for your main jet, as fast as you can get it, wide open throttle, then kill it and check them. Where I check them at I can only top out in 5th, so I rev out in 5th and kill the motor and check the plugs.

I like a hint of oil, personally, hardly enough to make a mark on my finger, but perfect would be a dark chocolate color, and thats not the little tip, thats down in the base of the plug, down in the ceramic.

I'm sure you can find an image here, or someone can provide one.