zR2

i have a 03 shee with a couple mods and many more on the way i want to get into some racing this summer but i've never been on a track with it. i've always just been riding coal banks and trails. i was wondering what i need to do and how hard it is to get started in to mx my local district 6 track runs quads on their supercross track and i've heard from a couple of my buddies that ride bikes theere that the quad guys are nuts i just want to know what i sould do to prepare for it

Well first off its going to take a pretty penny. Well you will need shocks with rezzies, extended a-arms, extended axle, if you want a shorter swingarm i hear thats real good, mx tires, tougher chain, better sprocket for take off, gear, and skills. :D

yes but i belive the saying goes "you gotta pay if you wanna play" mx is really fun once you get into it, to try a track with what you have on your banshee now, if it looks like something you would like to get into then start heavily modifying it, if not then you'll save yourself some money, but for mx suspension mods come first

I've have tried just about every "sport" that there is to try from fishing to polo <_< and I can say that w/out a doubt that 10 HARD laps around a rough mx track will gut check you like no other sport can do.... no even double over time in football. If your serious about mx, get you a GOOD PAYING job and start flipping magazine pages and screening ebay. Get some pipes and a filter (that's it for the motor.....trust me), then grab you some nice shocks, axle, 2+1 a-arms, -2 swingarm, some new rubber, 15t sprocket, nerfs, #plates and a pair of brass balls.

Mike

as mentioned by almost everyone SUSPENSION is where you win the race not the motor you can have the fastset quad on the market but if you get jarred on everylanding and you cant make those tires stick to the ground you are as your shitty suspension. get wide, get low and then you can go fast on the track

later

thanx for the input i think im gonna give it a try i already have the axle pipes filter and a coolhead for some power out of the corners a-arms and shocks will be ordered in feb i figured aboiut 1200 for front suspension. what is the best setup for sproket size and tire size and rim size i make i decent $ and for the rest therese always credit cards let me know what you guys are runnin with also is anybody here racin in the NEPA area

thanx for the input i think im gonna give it a try i already have the axle pipes filter and a coolhead for some power out of the corners  a-arms and shocks will be ordered in feb i figured aboiut 1200 for front suspension.  what is the best setup for sproket size and tire size and rim size i make i decent $ and for the rest therese always credit cards let me know what you guys are runnin with  also is anybody here racin in the NEPA area

I have the same mods as you and I run 20x11x10 razrs w/ a 15t front sprocket. I when I get it ported I'm going to a 16.

Mike