Riding Spots In Arizona

evil

The Cinders is definently something to ride! Like TheChozen said, that is the EASY hill out there. There are some hills that will pucker you up good and tight. The place is a blast to ride and the surrounding area is B E A UTIFUL! Camping in the trees, awesome temps, tons of trails to ride.. A set of cheap molded paddles are recommended. They will last. Dont bring Haulers, unless you dont care if they are destroyed.

RoostKing...

Might be able to make that date, I should have all the bullchit done with my job by then, I try to make it up there as much as possible...hopefully with Ben there I can get the jetting right for a change :ph34r:

hey i went to the cynders bad ass some trails have some nasty whoops and it is dusty as hell u will come back for a ride and be dirty as hell. i trashed my skat trak haulers up there and my buddie had the same and the were fine so i dont know about that but would recommened molded paddles. and the gravel is soft not like the dunes u nee dto rev it up and dump the clutch in some areas to get going but its a lot of fun to ride. cant wait to go again

The cinders have some of the biggest hills I have ever seen. Those pics do NO justice. The hills are so tall that if your jetting is good at the bottom, it will start acting up on top of the bigger hills. MASSIVE hills. Not a hill-race kind of place. More like- see who has balls big enough to get to the top. Cinders are bigger than sand. They can pile up and maintain a steeper slope than sand can. Run your old paddles and rims. Cinders will scratch up a new set of aluminum rims in a hurry. Gets very cold at night. The trails through the trees are awsome---imagine trail riding with paddles! BRING A VARIETY OF JETS.

Martinez Canyon is a cool place to ride too. Just east of Florence Junction, this area boasts miles of sandy washes, fast desert trails, a spring, and an abandoned silver mine that you can actually walk through(VERY COOL) called SilverBelle Mine.

Big Wash southeast of Florence is also a great place to do some sand riding. Miles of sand washes. Great Quail hunting, too.

Sycamore creek is a great spot very close to Phoenix that has tons of sand and a few good hillclimbs. I havent been there in a year, and I hear that this riding area will soon close.

i heard that Sycamore would close soon as well, witch sucks cause they already closed all the AZ state trust land by my house :angry: I went out there last weekend and alot of the hills are worn down to nothing and new trails are started all over the place. I hadn't ridden since I bailed there 2 months ago all out in 5th down the wash, after 2 days in ICU I couldnt help but to get back out there and run it again (helmet strapped on this time of course). Nothing beats watching people bail down the widowmaker.

Hey!!! I love the CINDERS!!!! There are some sick sick hills out there.....I got halfway up 100dollar hill on my stock 400EX one night (the first time we had ever gone out there......I had never seen the hill in the daylight - WTF was I thinking???) LOL!!!! I learned real quick to flip it around while you still had some momentum - you DON'T want to get stuck sideways on that hill!!! Even coming down it forwards is a puckerfest for SURE!!! :)

The BIG crater (the first picture shown - you don't even see how deep it goes...) is a blast!!! It's fun watching people get stuck down there who don't know the "way out" for machines with less power! LOL!! And the view from the top of the big crater is breathtaking!!!

Bring molded cheapo paddles - I have a pair of SandSharks that has lasted two seasons out there....they are great for that type of thing! You will get dirty, but it is a fun weekend, for sure. Memorial Day weekend is usually a big weekend up there......

I haven't been out there in a while......I may go that weekend, too! :)