Paddle Tires

northshore03

looking to get some paddle tires for my 03 banshee. dont do a lot of draging, but i still drag once in awile. but mostly just ride around the dunes, jump, and through roost over the razers. looking for something that turns well, while still hooks up good in a straight line. also does anyone know the ofset on that rim and what size paddle and rim set to get?

got fmf fattys, k&n without the lid.

I have sand sharks and they are ok no camplaints i drag all my buddies at olds and we all have minor mods and all have different paddles from haulers to mine and there does not seem to be all that much of a differance.. i think i will get a set af haulers next to try some thing different when i go up on the motor work.i think they work well with alot more motor but for the average joe i dont sea a huge advantage.they do throw alot more roost than a v paddle and i tell you trying to follow him in the dunes forget it we always throw him in the back of the pack. I have not heard anything about the sand stars rears yet the front rock.

If you are interested in a set i may want to sell the sand sharks pm if interested.

For me (same kinda riding at glamis, gordons etc It will; be a tuff decision between ITP SandStars Or the Old School Skate II's

I love my Skate II's

I hear the Sandstars track a bit better, but the Skaet II's are lighter, so for me it is a tuff decision.

Does anyone know which one of these 2 is more durable? My Skates are down to 1/2 paddle (in some places due to chunking) after 5 years of riding and I'll be in the market for a new pair next season.

IMO for sliding and manuvering, weight, and traction all combined these are your best 2 choices, sand sharks etc are too heavy for my taste, but will do if your on a budget. Also if you just wanna throw roost lower the pressure in your paddles Skate II's can throw a huge roost when they are low on air heh.

if your sand dragging more than dunning then stick with straight paddles for sure, but you sound like you ride more like me, and there is no comparison to Skate II's after you have had them to straights for sliding around etc.

I was going to try skats but everyone I know that runs them says they wear out too fast or the paddles fall off (on the V shapped ones I know you can fix them but what a pain)...However I'm running the lightweight mohawks up front and they are decent. I think I'll probably switch to ITPs all around when I get the chance though. A little more hookup may be jsut what my new morot needs :)