A 421cc 90+hp Mx Banshee!

l3anshee_99

I know everyone says that spacers are horrible and a diaster but now that Im not racing my shee MX anymore I can say that I ran a 11 race MX series(1 race a month and practice 3 times a week) and my spacers never broke. yes I landed wrong on the front thousands of times over 70ft tables and 90ft triples. I think I was lucky but just proving that spacers dont always break. Oh I got 6 trophys last season so I was riding fast and hard. but I just bought a 2003 KFX400 and Im gonna race that this season. I pulled a 5th in my first race in the B class bone stock, even tires.

if you are seriously going to race mx, i wouldn't use that motor. if you do all around riding, its good to have. Its docile when you don't feel like riding hard and it flat out rips when you want it to. My shee is set up fmore for mx but i don't race, i usually just ride trails, hills, fields and ocasionally go to a track and hit the 60 footers but it is alot of engine for the mx track

I dont think u should run that either. maybe a little much power for an mx track,powerband is different..It's lake puttin an F-1 car motor into a nascar, yea now u have the power u wanted but it's a lil too much for the type of driving/riding u r doing try that link below.

this might be better,Good motor setup for mxing

i think all things being the same id go with more horsepower on the track, with tall gearing and lots of ponies, you can pull a little harder, but your suspension and the abilty to ride are going to come in handy, if your neck and neck with the fastest guy having a little more punch than him wont hurt, but a stock motor can get the jump and keep it depends on who's on the bike......for mx i dont feel a great motor will make you faster than the guy who's just a better rider, but you and him in a long straight will just give you another chance at trying to beat him through the whoops to your next double, you back off, he doesnt and he's in front of you again......i know when im not racing my 80+ ponies are sure a blast on the trails, it makes riding a banshee a kick in the pants thats for sure........