Grease Your Air Box

I have been using grease on my CR250R air filter for many years. this is a good idea and it works very well. never again have I sucked sand or dust in the motor. other than a riped air filter the mating surface is the only weekness. I was watching the factrory Kawasaki guys getting a KX500 ready for Ty Davis to do the Vages to Rino race in 97 and I obsurved them greasing the filter. that is where I picked up on the tip.

but I don't grease my K&N that I clamp on the back of the carb.

Thats great :lol: !!! Everyone is still posting on this but yet the kid w/ the 80 hasn't even posted anything else.

In my opinion, I think its retarded, thats why you have an "air filter". Keeps all the sh!t out. But then again, what the hell do I know.

I think that it would help, but not noticeably. Pretty much all you're looking at is that the air filter will make it an extra 10 minutes before it starts allowing dirt into the engine. If you clean your filter after every ride, or even every other ride, you'll never get it so dirty as to allow dirt into the engine - so what's the point?