Please help

Hello to all. I’m new to the forum, and to Banshee’s in general. I’m hoping I can get some advice/help.  I bought this banshee from a guy that said he rebuilt the engine. Supposedly has 3 hours on the build. I’ve ridden it only a handful of times. Noissues.. I was riding the other day, and it locks up and dies while im riding it. It seems to only have 2 gears when I try to get it into neutral, it won’t go. I can start it in gear, but when I let out the clutch and give it gas it tries to go but it’s like something is holding the gears from going idk.. then it dies. I just took off the chain and pulled it home. My knowledge of engines, clutch, etc is very limited. The guy did tell me that when hewas younger his dad watched him put one backtogether wrong (so he would learn) and he screwed itup. I’m thinking maybe he screwed shit up. He and Ihad a falling out, so he is of no help to me. Any advice you may have is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

On 2/9/2024 at 1:43 PM, Redbone68 said:

Well for starters it’s important to be mechanically inclined and have the capacity to work on your own stuff especially when buying used products. You should expand your knowledge ASAP watch Michael Sabo on YouTube, Stupid Fast John, etc… and also watch videos how engines work etc… get enough knowledge you can probably tear down your motor and take a more in depth look 

As for your problem your looking at dropping probably a couple of bands to get it fixed by someone else that’s probably at minimum. Things can get expensive very quickly with these machines see my post on buying parts, help you save a little if you decide to go on a budget and buy correctly priced Chinese parts where NEEDED. These machines need quality parts to last especially on high friction engine components like pistons crank transmission etc…