BIG Question: What are RD jets and can they be used or interchangable with non RD jets?

logic2i

My biggest apologies if this has already been covered. Tried to search it first but didn't see anything specific.

I was jetting my banshee mains to 260 jets but when looking through my spare jets, I only had one 260 RD (etched on the side exactly like that) jet and one 260 jet for the other side. I'm wondering if there are any differences between 260 RD and regular 260 mains (I also have 2x 270 RD main jets as well). From what I gather, the 350 RD is the air-cooled motor developed by Yamaha that was the precursor to the current water cooled  Banshee motor however I'm not certain if that is what the RD is referencing in regards to my jets. I did read on another forum that it is possible the RD jets may require RD needles but the poster didn't elaborate on this reasoning... Hopefully someone has the inside scoop regarding this. 

The plot thickens: I also have a couple of AB280 jets... What does AB mean? 

Lastly: the AB is always at the beginning (ie AB280) and the RD always falls at the end (ie 260 RD).

Any information would be wonderful! Thanks in advance!  

Edited by logic2i

• 3 weeks later...