Project Stroker

Ayjax

I cant post the picture of the same shocks at 50 psi cuz the file is over 50 kb 
but at 50 the a arms are just horizontally flat

If you’re trail riding then you’ll want around 7.5-8” front ride height (depending on terrain). That measurement is on the lower frame rails just before they kick up toward the lower arm mounts.

You need get on it and have someone measure it for you. Make sure the tires are at the pressure you intend to run and you have fuel in it.

The main thing you look for on ride height is whether it likes to tip or roll. As you go higher, it’ll want to transition from rolling to tipping in the corners. 1/4” can be a noticeable difference.

As a side note, where your weight is being supported in a corner is a huge factor. If your ass is planted on the seat and your feet are still on the pegs, it makes nearly zero difference if you lean with your shoulders. Putting the weight on your inside foot and trying to squat down on that foot is probably the single most important thing you can do for corner speed.

If you’re drag racing, I know the math and dynamics but not the practice. You’ll have to ask someone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

On 12/14/2023 at 9:02 PM, tfaith08 said:

If you’re trail riding then you’ll want around 7.5-8” front ride height (depending on terrain). That measurement is on the lower frame rails just before they kick up toward the lower arm mounts.

You need get on it and have someone measure it for you. Make sure the tires are at the pressure you intend to run and you have fuel in it.

The main thing you look for on ride height is whether it likes to tip or roll. As you go higher, it’ll want to transition from rolling to tipping in the corners. 1/4” can be a noticeable difference.

As a side note, where your weight is being supported in a corner is a huge factor. If your ass is planted on the seat and your feet are still on the pegs, it makes nearly zero difference if you lean with your shoulders. Putting the weight on your inside foot and trying to squat down on that foot is probably the single most important thing you can do for corner speed.

If you’re drag racing, I know the math and dynamics but not the practice. You’ll have to ask someone else.

I purchased a pair of Elka shocks, just put them on. The difference is night and day, the Elka shocks are like your riding a trail in heaven. Im going to keep the fox shocks for drag racing only. 

I purchased a pair of Elka shocks, just put them on. The difference is night and day, the Elka shocks are like your riding a trail in heaven. Im going to keep the fox shocks for drag racing only. 

Have you set the Elka to ride height?

• 1 month later...
On 12/18/2023 at 3:14 PM, tfaith08 said:

Have you set the Elka to ride height?

yes, I set them to factory height put them side by side to the stock shocks and made them the same length, wanted to start from stock then maybe tweek it to my liking. 

Btw just got 3rd place with a time of 4.2 seconds on the 4 mil i built. 

5 hours ago, locogato11283 said:

Nice! What race?

The race organizers are called Street Kings of Kuwait.

you can find them on social media.

I got 3rd out of 12 bikes, most of them were alcohol and methanol. I was pump gas 😎