Banshee rebuild

Hey guys been looking a lot on this forum and got lots of good info, bought a banshee about 2 months ago, and rebuild the whole bike except the motor, I then lost compression on the right cylinder, so I took it down and saw that the piston on the right was extreme worn and the skirts were non existent, so I ordered jugs and weisco piston stock bore, checked with my borescope and didn’t find any metal, put it back together and ran good had lots of power only 15 min the head started to leak a little coolant so I took the head back off and ground it flat from machine shop, but the new piston and head on the right side have nicks in them, they old piston and the head before the new pistons had no nicks nothing so that’s why I’m asking what that could be from, I knocked the high spots down and put it back together and it runs great just seeing if I should be looking for something, thanks guys! 

Old pistons, new pistons and head after new piston in pictures attached 

F21F68A5-299A-440B-8C50-8412B87A43C6.jpeg

3CFF76F4-EE41-43DA-85FA-127A5599B5F7.jpeg

04B99F4D-174B-48DB-856B-88397661E989.jpeg

You’re about to find out what catastrophic engine failure is if you continue. Those missing bottoms of the skirts are a definite need to pull the motor, split the cases and CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN. Not to mention check the lower end of the motor. And don’t forget to dump out the exhaust when you remove it……last thing you want is chunks of the piston that are in the exhaust making their way back into the engine….

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Okay so I guess I wasn’t as clear as I thought, so when I pulled the motor apart when I found the chunks of piston, there was no marks on the head or piston at all not one, I flushed the case, and checked again before I put the new jugs with new pistons on with a boroscope just to make sure I didn’t miss anything, when I did flush it there was nothing in there so it leads me to believe maybe the old owner put the piston in there like that or it blew all out of the exhaust. So maybe a piece of loose casting from the new jugs went through it, I took it back apart and checked the bottom end again and I knocked down just the high spots on the piston and head, and re assembled, no noise runs great turns on first kick. Thanks you guys for your input greatly appreciated 👍🏻

• Like 1