Need Help Adjusting Preload

00BANSHEE

I use a piece of 3/4" rebar or you could use 1.5"x 1.5" wood and pry the springs down....Yours are really high, I think mine are on the 7th ring down.....they were on the 5th from the factory, but I bottomed them out too easy...BTW, nice arms, those are Quicksands right.....

Thanks alot for the reply. That helped me out alot.

Glad I could help. But how low was your shee with the ride height up so high. Banchetta I think they are LSR a arms. You tell us which one they are cause they look like my LSR.

Yes, let us know...LSR or Quicksands??? They look just like mine also.... :rolleyes:

Actually they are the cheap ass ASR a-arms. I bought them used from a guy here on the BHQ. I wanted to try the +2 out before jumping into an expensive setup. I ride the dunes 90% of the time and wasn't sure if +2 is the way to go or not.

The shocks were originally set up for 180-200 #s / stock a-arms / dune riding from works. I am just trying to setup the sag/preload to work alittle better with the +2 a-arms. I realize this isn't the ideal way to go and I usually don't skimp on setting up the shee. I am just trying to get it setup close enough to take it out on the sand and see if this is really what I want or not.

I do appreciate you guys helping me out with ways to get the sag setup on the shocks.

00banshee

00Banshee,

Where you at in Kansas, and where do you ride sand at?

I live in Hutchinson. I try and make it down to Waynoka a couple of times a month. It is only 2.5 hrs away so we try to go quite often. probably wait until after the first of the year before I go back though. We try to keep the bikes loaded and ready to go all Winter so if a warm day slips in my wife and I take off work and head on down. :)