Jetting

bansheelover

just wondering where a good place to start would be

first off.. im running tr6 pipes with the stock air box

i mostly ride anywhere from 500 to 900 ft

i will be adding a noss head just after christmas and id like some idea on where to start my pilot, main and even needle settings

right now i have my stock pilot jet, 280 mains and the clip on 4th groove (i think)

it runs alright but i have absolutley no power down low

i just want to keep it set for summer time riding and running in temps generally around 80 degrees F

any help would be awesome

thanks HQ

Matt

Take the air box lid off or cut the last 1.5" off the end of the air box lid so you still have all 4 clips....This will help your low end... the box is very restrictive, let it breath...Does it start hard when cold?? how many kicks?? Try different needle positions and that'll help w/ your low end.. also adjust the air screws and let us know where you have the best low end and throttle response. This will help us also..

i agree w/ banchetta,you have free flowing exhaust but not a free flowing intake(its enclosed).so cutting the box lid or complete removal will help tremendously.if you do that you might want to get the next size larger pilot as well.

If you ride in real dusty, muddy places buy about 12 snap-in vents for the airbox lid, I have 8 in the lid and 4 on the sides of mine and work close to a open lid.

I had a parts shee w/ vents in the lid. You must have the lid gutted out, because the vents are worthless if you don't.....

Yeah, I completely cut out all the underside of the lid, about 8 vents on lid 2 on each side of box and 3 on the back, and as with any piped shee take that stupid snorkel off! I tried to run my snorkel at the dunes in Michigan once to keep the sand out and it ran like crap!