Hard Starting

:( ive got a problem ive got 1 hell of a 1990 fast banshee but the thing is the only way to start it is to push start it we cant get it to crank from kick starting it.. ive done everything i can besides get a new cdi which is like 350$.. the only time it will crank from kickstarting it is wen it hasnt been started for awhile.. basically it will start if the electronics arent warmed up its not hard to start wen pushstarting it never has a problem wanting to run its just it doesnt want to be kickstarted its got a new stator new coil (year old) we bought a cdi off ebay but the plugs werent right so its no good my motor builder checked to see if it is getting a spark and probably 3 times out of 10 kicks it will get a good fire from the sparkplugs ..but wen it does run it runs great its just hard to get it to become running..lol well any1 who knows anything or could be of any use speak up ive got to get this fixed

later. #55

my motor builder checked to see if it is getting a spark and probably 3 times out of 10 kicks it will get a good fire from the sparkplugs

you've half way answered your own problem, this tells me the problem is electrical, most likely a faulty cdi box or intermittent coil, and or stator. have you checke these items with a multimeter to verify if they are good or not? have you checked to see if there is an open in one of your wires?

check the orange and black wires on the coil and make sure you have a good connection...This could be a lot of things...How much compression do you have??? Are the bowls on the carbs on the right carb??? The bowls are different and control the choke...what about the choke tube between the two carbs??? Is the tors still connected?? Parking brake switch still connected?? Little black box above the left exhaust still connected?? Check all these out...

hey guys thanx for the replys well ive got brand new 34 mm pj's and ice got a pro design cool head with 21 cc domes a coil is a year old its got a 1 month old ricky stator and it still aint starting.. to banchetta about the black box and parking brake im not sure i will have to check on those things its at my motor builders right now but thanx again 4 the replys

• 3 weeks later...