New Banshee 450

xt45

yea i agree with red shee, if you dump the same amount into each motor you'll get more out of the banshee, 2 strokes respond better to aftermarket motor trinkets thne 4 strokes do, and just because the stock for stock 450 is faster, how come you say ist more fun then a banshee? i would never give up my powerband for a thumper, its NOT as fun to me

pretty soon there will be no such thing as a stock banshee....As it is now I rarely see a banshee stock...For the extra $1000 you have to spend to get the YFZ you can do pipes filter and porting and a banshee and it will spank it :) You can go ahead and spend another $1000 on the YFZ and it would probably be a close race, but the banshees acceleration should allow it to win.

The 450 is fast,but there is limited potential for improvement.The size of the engine is its biggest downfall.

A Banshee or even Raptor will easily pass it once modified.Yamaha built a good engine with the 450,but they didn't leave much room for improvement.Its close to being maxxed out on H.P already.

You might see a 500cc kit for it in the future,but thats about it.There just isn't enough room inside that engine to really add cc's.

I agree, Yamaha made the new 450 as slick and light weght as they possibly could,when all the porformance parts and mods come out i think that the new 450's will max out at about 80hp.

there is no way you'll get 80 hp's out of a 450 engine.about all you can do is port the head maybe a cam but the change will not be drastic.the 450 is a great machine and does exactly what yamaha designed it to do.however a banshee is a great dune bike and a drag racer,this is what 99% of banshee owners want them for..i bought mine just for the dunes(and i really like the flames) B)

When I first bought my shee three months ago, I went riding with several guys at a local riding area. we all raced across an open field with myself on the stock shee and two guys on raptors, one guy on a predator, and one guy on a yfz450. The 450 beat us all every time with the predator behind him, but ahead of us and myself and the raptors were all pretty much even. None of the races were complete blowouts. I think its hard to buy a bad machine with all thats out right now, and with whats to come. You have to choose what you like. But one thing is for sure, when I let even the most avid of 4stroke fans ride my shee that day, each one came back with a smile on his face. just my 2 cents

when all the porformance parts and mods come out i think that the new 450's will max out at about 80hp.

there is no way you'll get 80 hp's out of a 450 engine.about all you can do is port the head maybe a cam but the change will not be drastic

When all the parts come out. And I think......... So if i could change my estimate i would say maybe 60-70hp max but im still stickin with 80hp, lets see what they are runnin next summer, by then alot of parts should be out.

I ride a chitload of dunes and can take a 450 up the big hills with just pipes and filters and I out weigh just about everybody I race (280lbs) My bike was designed back in 86 when Mike J Fox was going back to the future, this 450 has all the new technology :lol: keep trying guys your alomost there