Spindle castle nut torque?

I even have the service manual and can’t find the torque spec.

I just changed the wheel bearings in the front (obviously) and...

1: spacer on one side is snug, the other side moves freely inside the hub. Figure the one that is loose in there will tighten up once I torque the castle but back on.

2: can’t find the actual torque spec. I see a torque spec for the steering knuckle and castle but but not the spindle nut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the spacer on the inside of the 2 bearings? it should be snug between the 2 bearings not loose if its loose the bearings aren't pressed into the housing all the way in. or its worn. there's probably not a torque spec because its a castle nut with a cotter pin and at that torque spec the pin slot and holes may not line up. i usually give a few uggaduggas till the slots line up.  you dont wanna give more than say 4 tho cuz thats too tight lmao 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, seansy007 said:

the spacer on the inside of the 2 bearings? it should be snug between the 2 bearings not loose if its loose the bearings aren't pressed into the housing all the way in. or its worn. there's probably not a torque spec because its a castle nut with a cotter pin and at that torque spec the pin slot and holes may not line up. i usually give a few uggaduggas till the slots line up.  you dont wanna give more than say 4 tho cuz thats too tight lmao 

That was it. Just went and put a little more sack into it on the arbor press and now they are both snug. The bearing wasn't seated completely, Thanks again!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, caleb90 said:

61ftlb

See and that's what the service manual has but they listed it weird. "steering knuckle and castle nut". It says 61 FtLbs but wasn't sure if there is a castle nut somewhere on the steering stem that I didn't see or something. Haven't dug into the steering on this bike. Probable the only part of the bike that didn't need attention. Pretty solid. The rest of the bike was a disaster, though.

2 hours ago, Metal_man_Rob said:

See and that's what the service manual has but they listed it weird. "steering knuckle and castle nut". It says 61 FtLbs but wasn't sure if there is a castle nut somewhere on the steering stem that I didn't see or something. Haven't dug into the steering on this bike. Probable the only part of the bike that didn't need attention. Pretty solid. The rest of the bike was a disaster, though.

the steering stem has a castle nut on the bottom