Adjusting my shocks

Hey guys, just got a set of yfz 450 shocks and did the modifications to get them to fit. My question is what can I do to get my suspension set up best for me? I just got them and bolted them on I'm not sure how to adjust them properly.( Im 180lbs) and what does revalving the shocks do? Is that something I could do myself? Also thinking about getting +2+1 a arms should I get those before adjusting shocks?

Thanks for any Info

Dont spend another dollar on those shocks, buy some aftermarket banshee shocks instead.

Yes you can valve shocks yourself but you shouldnt. There is a lot involved to know how to valve them correctly and youll also need a few hundred dollars in speciality tools to open them up, do the valve work, and put them back together functionally.

Sent from my HTC U11 plus using Tapatalk

send them off to jogaca to get reworked for you he is an awesome dude and does great work for a good price. he will also powder coat any color you want for a lil extra. if you decide to go with the +2 +1 setup tell him that. or just go for a setup that comes with shocks/buy some. I recommend fox floats, the 600 dollae baseline ones are good. I'm loving my float 3 evol rc2s.

or  custom axis, worxs, pep, elka.

( be ready to send out and get re tuned)- the legacy series are a great shock to get in the game at a good price but elka is bad with setups and will need to be re tuned 90% of the time.