Carb Replacement

Fr33zypop

I must of misinterpreted the needles to be why the carbs continued to allow fuel to flow, thanks for clearing that up.

I guess I going backwards with the tune if I need to drop in the oem needles. I’m not a expert by any means to this stuff but with the clip in the leanest position and bogs at 1/4 throttle I probably need to drop my pilot jet. Since the needles have been the only change I’ll put it back to before. Other than a few extra kicks I never had issues.

I’m pinning the throttle at times so that’s a thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I must of misinterpreted the needles to be why the carbs continued to allow fuel to flow, thanks for clearing that up.

I guess I going backwards with the tune if I need to drop in the oem needles. I’m not a expert by any means to this stuff but with the clip in the leanest position and bogs at 1/4 throttle I probably need to drop my pilot jet. Since the needles have been the only change I’ll put it back to before. Other than a few extra kicks I never had issues.

I’m pinning the throttle at times so that’s a thing.

Pin the throttle and see where the needles are. If the don’t run any risk of escaping the dump tubes you are fine. If they come all of the way out you can limit your throttle travel. If they leave the dump tube and get hung up, you’ll either die or shit your pants if your ninja reflexes don’t kick in. Haha.

There are also your needle valves or “float needles” which may have confused with your needle jet needles.
If you are overflowing your float bowls then you either have a float sticking down in the bowl, your float needle is bad or dirty or your float is set too high.
The float needle is just a tapered little gizmo that hangs from the same “tang” you bend to adjust float height. It isn’t a needle at all. It’s a cylinder with a tapered tip. When the float reaches its set height, the tapered end of the float valve cuts off flow by plugging the hole.
That’s actually harder to explain than I anticipated. And if I am misunderstanding your issue, I apologize.

• Like 1

they are correct i didnt notice those long ones had 6 slots 5 is stock . needles have no affect on where fuel is going (ie out the overflow) i would run the stock needles as they do their job well.