Please Help The New Guy!

gfdfireman

I just purshased a bone stock 2001 Banshee. I will be riding in sand only, primarily Glamis & Pismo. My future mods will be T6s and K & N clamp ons. I was wondering if somebody who has the same mods and rides in similar conditions will share some jetting knowledge with me. This way I will be able to get a starting point. Thanks alot and much appreciated.

I dunno but I just started thread asking almost same Q, except my pipes will be T5's and the K&N's. Anyway we are going to Pismo after Christmas and before new year. Hopefully my Shee will be set up w/new pipes and filters and jetted by then. PM me if you are available to go that week and you want to go, I know it's pretty forward but what the hell!!. I only like sand too. Need more Banshee friends definately!!!!

For T5's or TR6's and dual K&N's, riding around sea level, and assuming 60-80 degrees F and 32:1 premix ratio, I'd start with 320 mains, 30 pilots, airscrews 1.5 turns out, and needles in the stock (middle) clip position. Should be a safe starting point and you can dial it in from there, you may need a size or two larger or smaller on the mains but that should be close. It's always better to err on the side of rich, especially in dunes where you've got a good load on the motor and tend to have the revs pretty high.

Sheeweet I think you said you checked out the Jetting FAQ in your other thread, but gfdfireman if you haven't already you might scope it out, the link is in my sig, it might help. Good luck.

Hey I was looking at the carbs getting ready to rejet, and I'm a little intimidated. I was wondering if there are any websites or books I can get to hold my hand and walk me through the procedure of jetting! The last thing I want to do is take the carbs apart and not be able to put them back together.

Thanks for the help

Gfdfireman, the Jetting FAQ should have a decent walkthrough and some pics to help, if you haven't checked it out yet the link is in my sig below.

I don't remember if I put an exploded view of the carbs in it or not, but you can find that online, Yamaha's webpage has parts microfiche online. Also, a Clymer manual might help (everyone should have one), although not super detailed the pics are helpful. Good luck.

Just pay attention when you take it apart, main on the bottom in float bowl, pilot under the splash guard. After you have done this a few times it's simple. Most of us have probably done this enough we could do it in our sleep, cause most pipe companies don't give you jetting specs so it's trial and error until you get it right.