Clutch cable bracket Bolt size/repair

10mmbandit

Hello banshee hq, im the proud new owner of a 2002 project lol. Finally got my hands on a banshee in a trade for my kfx450r.  Always wanted one and plan to keep this one. So into the dilemma. Had a problem jumping into gear. Turned out the clutch was so far out of adjustment it was never dis engaging. So I dig into the clutch cover replace clutch, springs, clutch pusher pancake bearing style(old pusher had philips adjustment screw stripped). So I go to start adjustment lining up the marks on clutch arm and case. Cable is way to long either stretched or just wrong length so that's ordered OEM. So I pull the cable and realize the clutch cable bracket is all bent up so I ordered a new one OEM with bolt, the bolt that was there was stripped as was the threads into the case. Easy fix just cant seem to located the size of the threads for a tap. So if anyone can direct me towards a size its greatly appreciated.

Here's a Yamaha part number trick. Your bolt is # 97017-06010-00 The center set of numbers tells us it is a 6mm by 10mm long bolt. You just have to know the 6's are 6x1.0mm thread pitch.

Keep in mind that at only 10mm long a bottom tap may be required for that hole. I believe it is a blind hole.

• Like 1

Huge help man thanks ill have to get that tap and make it happen. So I was reading people have problems with these ASV levers and cable adjustment problems. Could that be the case or would you lean more towards a stretched cable or wrong size? With the points adjusted and meeting I have slack up at my lever. Only have tension at the bottom of the pull moving my clutch arm about a quarter inch. Cable? ASV folding lever? or mechanic error? 

Tried to attach a picture to show the slack but that fitting might do it i tried to search for one but none look how your picture attached looks. So I just measured the clutch cable length and it was just about 44.5in and from the research I did that is the correct length for a stock cable 44.5in so maybe the previous owner put this lever on (looks to be a ASV F2 unbreakable) and they ran into that problem and said screw it. Do you know the length the cable should be. Cause I read that motion pro and a couple other manufactures are unpredictable and i was thinking this might be the case so i measured and it seems to be correct?

Edited by 10mmbandit