Banshee No start

Swann6787

I got a 1999 banshee stock engine. Fmf pipes. It wont start. I have spark, 145-150psi. Brand new top end just installed. So i sprits into the carbs some cleaner and itll fire right up and run till the fumes are gone. I have fuel in the bowls of the carbs. Just replaced jets with new. Plugs are wet but not sure if its enough fuel. Any ideas or direction will help tremendously. Im lost 

So i removed all jets and 1 was clogged but still no start. The only thing i didnt change was the choke, and mine wont stay pulled out. Once you release it it slides back into the carb immediately so ill change that today. I also did not check float measurements but i checked bowl drain line and the fuel stops at the top of the bowl when held to the side of the carb so im assuming thats good. The slides i still have not checked but ill get that checked today when i get to the choke. Ill post some pics of the carb, slides and choke. See what ya think when i get it all apart. 

Edited by Swann6787

Ahhh alright I missed that. Ya the fuel lines to both carbs are good and clear of debris. I got fuel in both bowls. My elevation is 797 and average temp now is 50 degrees. Im not sure how your telling the jet sizes. Still learning that part. I found that where the reed plates meet the jugs, there are no gaskets. Could that cause a leak and letting to much air in? Also if you recommend jet sizes for where iam ill just go ahead and replace them as well. 

And you’ll need gaskets at the reed cages. While your doing that check your reeds, if they’re chipped or showing light through you’ll need new ones.

build or buy a leak down tester.

the jet sizes are written on the bottoms of the jets. So you have stock exhaust pipes?