Jetting for pipes and pod filters

jason.perez

97 shee 

Toomey t5’s 

uni pod’s 

no tors 

I’m at 300 ft also ride at 3000 

Stock VM26’s carbs have 330’s in them right now, should be kind of rich right ? 

stock needles, but I also have Vito’s RED needles Idk if that will work better? 

Pilots 30.  1.5 turns out idles perfect 

the bike runs fine on low end but once I start getting higher in the Rpms it feels weird, the power band laggs to kick in, in second it takes even longer, then third can’t really hit it and so on.   Any suggestions ? Also could it be float Height? And how much does an exhaust leak effect performance ? Sorry a lot of questions  

I also have mains from 290-350, if u guys suggest I change the pilots I have to order but my problem is at WOT

(Don't want to go to 3000 ft until I can get it right then when I ride up there I can just switch out mains) 

Edited by jason.perez

• 4 months later...

Hello, I have a very similar banshee setup with T5’s, pods, +2° timing, TORS, stock carbs, Toomey needles, my jetting at 900ish ft above sea level is 25 pilot, 310 mains (I’m still 1 jet just above where I could be, but left it slightly rich for peace of mind) and the needle on the 4th notch. On my particular engine it really liked that setup and on a 60° day pulled very strong for what it is. I don’t have any pics of my plugs but I could take some if you want. Here’s a pic of the dyno graph df2b4ac3f8f2fd5fd0a5879e48af967f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 9/6/2019 at 6:50 PM, jason.perez said:

I ended up with the 290 main. When I go up to 3000 ft should I bump up to 300 or 310. And do you think I’ll have to mess with the needles, I know u can’t really tell cuz ur not on it but just from experience 

When you go up in elevation, you actually should be actually be using less fuel as the air is less dense. More then likely you can use the 290, but if it acts all blubbery you can drop it down to 280. 

On 1/11/2020 at 8:26 PM, trumanbuckley1 said:

Hello, I have a very similar banshee setup with T5’s, pods, +2° timing, TORS, stock carbs, Toomey needles, my jetting at 900ish ft above sea level is 25 pilot, 310 mains (I’m still 1 jet just above where I could be, but left it slightly rich for peace of mind) and the needle on the 4th notch. On my particular engine it really liked that setup and on a 60° day pulled very strong for what it is. I don’t have any pics of my plugs but I could take some if you want. Here’s a pic of the dyno graph df2b4ac3f8f2fd5fd0a5879e48af967f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That thing could definitely use a little more pilot.