What type of port is best?

So I am building a banshee but I am very conflicted on what type of port to do because i look at different places like Redline, Fast, and Duncan racing. They all have basically the same type of ports but i dont know which one to go with. The rundown of my build is stock stroke, 65.50 mm pistons, 34 mm PJ Carbs, stealth cool head w/ 21 cc domes, and adjustable timing plate that will probably be at +5. I am going for mainly bottom and midrange for the power curve so its good on trails and lugging around but i can still let er rip and beat more than half the banshees at the dunes lol (excluding 4 mils). Im really considering the woods port or play/dune port from FAST. i think i can expect like 60 or so horsepower.

I had the SAME conflicting decision to make.. I mainly wanna ride woods with steep hill climbs and very little to NO runway up to them. Also need torque. Had every intention on doing a woods port. After collaborating with Jeff at F.A.S.T ... He's currently doing a play/ dune port on my cylinders. Just send him an email, tell him your set up and how you are wanting it to perform.. After that... I would let HIM tell you what type of port to get... Him and Cody are GREAT to deal with.. They will answer every question you have and make you feel comfortable about your final choice. Customer service is absolutely TOP NOTCH !!!!

my buddy has a stock stroke trail ported bike from Driveline performance;  stock carbs, pump gas 140 psi , vforce 2 reeds,   with slp pipes and mades 57 HP.  Its a very fun quad to ride and has all the low end you are looking for.

granted i have a 4 mil but i have a trail/mx port, and SLP pipes with pwk 28's for low range, and mine has all the torque you can imagine.  and i ride trails and have open fields i rip around on.  

• 3 weeks later...

woods/trail port, and pro circuit pipes.   everyone looks just at hp.  dont forget hp is just a factor if rpm on torque.  torque is where your power comes from.  food for thought.  496 big block. 225hp, can pull 10k at 80mph up the mountain.   300hp 4banger 2.0.  can pull 1k at 60 on flat ground.   the most powerful on road tractors are 625hp.... at around 2k, so thats 1200-1600 torque, pulling 80,000lbs...

On 7/30/2019 at 9:34 AM, Ayesully810 said:

my buddy has a stock stroke trail ported bike from Driveline performance;  stock carbs, pump gas 140 psi , vforce 2 reeds,   with slp pipes and mades 57 HP.  Its a very fun quad to ride and has all the low end you are looking for.

Until it doesn't