Race Gas

dognuts

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blue Deuce................i'm currently using yamalube R oil on a brand new 2004 shee like 20 to 1, i think thats what the dealer put in it. was thinking of running klotz and at what ratio with 92 octane and with 110 would you recomend????

well octane shouldnt deterimine your ratio....20:1 is way to rich if its broke in.....id go to amsoil or castor more like 40:1.....or keep using the yamaha stuff, the race gas has more octane it is cleaner fuel, ive had many stock bikes that ive run race fuel in, it burns cleaner, here in cali we get shitty pump fuel with to many additives...i run 120 octane........the dealer probally went 24:1, but if youve run a tank like that you can lean it out

race gas is unleaded just like the stuff at the pump......the octane is higher, and there are no govermental additives......ive never heard of better fuel hurting a motor, does it screw your car up when you run 93 or 91 over the cheap 87?.......

its possible that running too hight of an octane will decrease your overall power. Less octane fuel is more explosive.

I find most race fuel contains lead after looking around, but don't quote me on that.

Blue Deuce,

The highest Sunoco unleaded race gas is 104 octane. All Sunoco race gas above that is leaded.

http://www.racegas.com/fuelspecs/default.asp

Donuts, you will not benefit from the higher octane on a stock motor. Higher octane has a slower burn rate and if your motor doesn't warrant the use of high octane, it will slow you down.

Blue Deuce,

The highest Sunoco unleaded race gas is 104 octane.  All Sunoco race gas above that is leaded.

http://www.racegas.com/fuelspecs/default.asp

Donuts, you will not benefit from the higher octane on a stock motor.  Higher octane has a slower burn rate and if your motor doesn't warrant the use of high octane, it will slow you down.

wow thats intresting mike, like i said i never noticed a power loss in stock bikes, but the stuff we have to run at the pump in cali has MTBE......i get my 120 in 5 gallon drums ill take a pic where it says "unleaded 120 octane atv/motorcycle use only" and get the brand name, does it burn cleaner? i know a plug chop on race over pump looks like night and day.....

dude........ I do NOT see how race fuel will slow you down. Here's my testimony... I ran race fuel once this past thanksgiving at Glamis... this was only because I was running outta gas and had money in my pocket to buy some gas from some guys camped five miles away from my camp. Now, I hit them up and all they had was race gas that they were running in their banshees. I don't know what it was that was in there, but the guy said, this gas is the shit........... Now, I pay him, fill up and take off.... we're flying through the dunes back to camp and I thought I could feel the power gain when I would open the throttle up on the long straightaways... when we got back to camp my buddy tells me.... "dude, you need to keep running whatever that guys gave you" I said "why?" .. then he says, " before you got that stuff, I could easily catch up to you on the straightaways, but now I'm really struggling to catch you".... even HE noticed the difference and he wasn't even riding my bike.........

RACE FUEL DOES NOT SLOW YOU DOWN........

oh yeah... I ride a 2002 banshee ALL STOCK with FMF Fatty's and K/N filter....

my honest testimony..