How do I make my 1998 banshee faster?

Alish2044

First look into getting a good suspension setup.

Some wider a-arms, shocks setup for your riding style and weight, antivibe stem (maybe taller if you are a taller person), steering damper, good tires. These mods will help you ride faster in the trails.

With money left over (if you buy some of the parts used you should have maybe 1000), look into a http://drivelineperformance.com/yamaha-banshee-392cc-big-bore-assassin-cylinder-kit/, this kit should boost your power some. Then you will need to upgrade the clutch maybe this http://drivelineperformance.com/yamaha-banshee-dune-trail-clutch-kit/

• 9 months later...

My solution was to change the ratio i live and ride the dessert at octillio wells Ca having 6 gears was not even close to what I wanted it to do blink of an eye i was in 6th and wanting way more when it was time to get new sprockets and a chain I did find a gear to speed graf  I believe from motosport.com where I bought the new parts I personally wanted a higher top end I keep  the rear sprocket at 40 teeth and changed the front one from 14 teeth to a16 tooth 1st gear now is a bit on the high end to 25 mph and with each other gear as well went up but the end result is now 6th gear tops out at 80 mph so I  have to keep the revs up which I can live with ive owned my bad banshee 3 years now and had to live with the nickname  of OG outta gas I would burn thru the stock gas tank 2.4 gallons quick and had to wait while buddies went back to bring me gas  my other improvement was going to dessert tank5.6 gallons so that said I I not only have the fuel to go out but now back as well im getting way better fuel mileage running at a faster speed but a lower rpm my advice is to analyze how you ride and type of environment you ride me in the dessert  I can get away with the  high gear ratio in a wooded or a slower hazardous place I'd keep the ratio lower ask others where you ride and compare notes good luck and it's an easy fix experiment with gear teeth when replacing chain gears etc