Vin gone after sandblasting

Rodo5900

Im sure this topic has been brought up many times but here it is; I recently got my frame blasted and my vin is now gone. I live in CA & talk ed to DMV already they told me I have to put the bike back together before they can even inspect and possibly get a blue tag for it that means new vin new tittle new evereything im sure someone in here is familiar with it. I want to powder coat and is a hassle putting everything back together and taking it back apart to powder coat. Yes I have the tittle and registration for the bike under my name my engine was replaced as well due to it beeing damaged so neither the engine number on the tittle match the one on the bike im sure is common. I dont want to sound dumb but I was planning to punch the vin back on the frame myself with a punch set any suggestions or recommendations before I do anything ? I'm on stop at the moment on doing anything to the bike. Thanks in advance !