Hazelton Nepa

zR2

hey guys- i don check this that often either- but if this coal fest thing gets going im in!!

i have really been into the whole MX thing but mainly b/c i donthave many people that want to headout to rip coalfields with me....

Please keepme in the loop

also heres some pics of the place i ride up in that area... (to tell how steep and big some of this stuff is - check out the size of the trees at the bottom- fun stufff!)

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

those hills in my pics, the one you can see all of is the smaller one the bigger one has some steep hills that are a decent challenge, and sides that dont even have trails made yet... theres a small "play ground" 5 min from there and "the bowl" a bout 20 or so min then...these are the only spots i realy know so if it was at the peak or somthing i would have to get one of my friends to come along to show me the way out there.

so are we going to have a coal fest?

everyone that wants to do this write back, write when you want to do this and where

im in, i say when its about 60 out i guese thats april?, and either by MEAT or hazleton would probably be the shit since i havent been to either but am used to riding coal in nanticoke.

lets hear it

hey guys im the one who originally started this topic and i cant believe how big a response its gotten. I cant wait till the weather breaks so we can ride im from about 30 min south of hazelton and you can defintaly count me in for a get together if anybody from the willkes barre area is interested in going i have a trailer that i can give somebody a ride up with as long as its a shee pm me if your interested we could get somethin big together to show what the east coast has lol yea

Let me tell you more about the place I ride. we call it "the strippins". Its private property owned by the coal company that mined the land 70+ years ago. Its abandoned now, except for a few small local mines that you'll never see. Its aproxx 20 square miles, but Id bet that number could go up to 30+ square miles if you ride the land past the main part of the strippins. Iv been riding here since iv been 8 years old, im 31 now, so I know every little part of this place, I can take ya's to mud, I can take you to dense woods, I can take you to wide open throttle 3 mile stretchs of old haul road, I can take you to giant coal hill with its massive mountain of manmade fun and its 50 smaller hills, I can take you through a section of 100 whoops, I can take you to 5 smaller riding areas within the strippins like the sand pits, mud road, the crane, the mile, the uke sheds, I can take you to 10 giant man made lakes where we could cool off with a swim or even catch some fishys, there's one lake called "the canyon" that has 150 foot sheer walls surrounding the lake, there's 20 foot cliffs you can dive from, or we could ride the old trolly tracks that used to have a trolly to bring people from the towns of Shamokin to Treverton, no more tracks and no more trollys just WOT big trail in the woods. I can take you an abandon coal shovel thats twice the size of your house and you could park a car in the shovels bucket. We have a small 2 minute race track thats great for kids and beginners, there's no big jumps on it, but its fun as hell. There's a full weekend worth of riding here. There's campsites all over, but most of them are "owned" by locals. One thing I have never done is setup a campsite of my own. But me, my son and a few buddies have allready made plans to build a nice campsite deep in the strippins so we dont have to worry about state cops or getting too loud-drunk.

so thats my sales pitch for the strippins coalfest. If it goes down, i'll make sure that campsite is found, built and ready for campin. Hell we could spend all day just at "coal Hill" :)

were ever this is would some one be able to show me the way there from hazelton, i wouldent realy plan on camping unless some of my frineds come too, like would some one be able to meet us at a spot in hazelton or freeland and show us how to get there and back?